PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Reg visit

melissakate
09-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi my pre reg visit is a week on Friday and i am starting to panic feel i have nothing done. I finished college ages ago and it was all fresh in my mind now i can't remember a thing. Could do with a list of what has to be done before he comes. I have completed policies and risk assessments and checked my house what else should i have done i have got to rad info on pre inspection visit. but not sure what else. Do i need a first aid kit for when he comes will he look at the toys.
PLEASE HELP
MELISSA:panic: :panic:

balijay
09-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi melissa - stop panicking!! You sound as if you are pretty well prepared already - do you have a 'preparing for your pre reg visit' book? If so go through and answer the questions in it (not perfect answers - bullet points is fine). The inspector will mostly ask you questions from that booklet. With regard to your policies and risk assessments - they don't expect you to have completed these - so long as you have an idea of what you are going to do and can explain it to them you will be fine. The visit can be pretty long (mine was 3 hours) but its not as bad as it sounds - most of that is the inspector inputting info onto their laptop! Also make sure you have all your ID and everything ready for your CRB checks so you are not hunting through your cupboards for your documents!

Good luck. :D

Sarahjlonguk
09-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi don't worry my pre-reg visit was relaxed, inspector just had a look round asked a couple of questions on how I deal with unwanted behaviour with my own children. she wasn't bothered about looking at my policies etc, asked if I had any ideas on how I was going to EYFS Obs, assessments and planning. Have you got a support worker you could speak to? NCMA gave me a check list.

Good luck and don't worry
Sarah

sjane2
10-09-2009, 01:37 PM
hi melissa

I feel just like you only my inspector is coming monday:panic: she rang today so not long to get my act together, I finished my course ages ago too and have forgotten everything, I have been going through the booklet how to prepare, but am bit stuck on some answers:eek: so i have come on here to get some tips. I am going to get all the id documents all ready now thanks balijay. I haven't got my first aid kit yet or done the policies but as long as you let them know you know what you hve to do i think it is fine.

good luck

sam

bongywongy
10-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Have you checked all rooms in your house that you are going to register to make sure there are no hazards e.g cupboard locks where hazardous substances or sharp items are stored.

Any glass in furniture is safety glass or you have applied safety film if furniture is below 1 metre in height.

You have a range for toys for the ages that you have applied to register for.

You have an up to date first aid kit.

The outside area is safe and secure (do you have a lock on your gate?if applicable)

Have you checked your garden and removed any hazardous plants?

Have you considered if there are any areas in your home that may need stair gates depending on the ages you are registering for?

Have you checked for trailing wires or long blind cods which children may be able to wrap around their necks or trip on?

They often ask you about the six areas of learning so if you are able to nae them that would be beneficial.

Just focus on the questions in the booklet and I'm sure you will be fine. Anything you have not got in place at the time of visit you will be given an action and told to write to Ofsted to tell them how you have actioned them.

Good luck

melissakate
16-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Thank you all very much i will let you know how i get on. I think i am prepared now. Just got to clean tommorow if i am not using one room will he still want to look in it.
Melissa