PDA

View Full Version : Nursery Songs

Daisy1956
09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I am not very musical but love to make music with the children we all enjoy singing and dancing but we are getting fed up of using the same cds can any one recomend some good cd or dvd to sing along to. The last ones I bought ended up having high squecky american voices(no offence to any americans)

sarah707
09-09-2009, 05:30 PM
We listen to music from around the world and all different kinds!

Today we were tapping our toes to some jazz... it brought back lovely memories of a past life :D

MissTinkerbell
09-09-2009, 06:06 PM
ELC do a good selection

We love listening to classical stuff - they love the 1812 Overture - lots of opportunities to bang and stamp.

Helen79
09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
A lot of the time we just listen to my music off the ipod, obviously I check songs that are suitable for children with no rude words.
I'd go mad listening to nursery rhymes all day lol

I've got several playlists that we listen to when the children are here, a world music one (got cds from the festival shop) a relaxing music one to calm down to, a classical music one & a heavy metal & rock music one (the one we listen to most :o )

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
09-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi, we go to a group called jojingles, we sing songs, do dancing and play different musical instruments. Alot of the songs are to well know nursery rhymes and songs, they just sing different words.

http://www.jojingles.co.uk/

Jojingles is well known through out the uk. if you go on their websire you should beable to buy their cds, if not find out the name and contact number of the one ran in your area, you could then phone them to buy a cd.

My kids love going there, theres a good morning song, good bye song and a relaxing song. If my kids are really hectic and i need them to calm down i start singing this song and they stop what they are doing and lie down on the floor!! then listen to what i have to say.