PDA

View Full Version : NO,NO,NO...cant belive what ive just done

cabby
09-09-2009, 09:39 AM
OMG:panic: :panic: :panic:

ended up with an unexpected day off today, so thought id be really good and sort all my paper work out,
ive made lots of piles, good stuff, stuff for the bin, the shredder etc......only some how my certificate ended up on the shredding pile:eek: :eek: :eek: and is now in about 50 pieces HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

cant believe i done it as i put it in i realised but stupidly for some reason couldnt make my brain tell my hands to pull it out..lol:blush:

what do i do now? will ofsted send me a new one? im working again tomorrow, will i have to cancel??

i knew i should have just gone shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

mrsgreen
09-09-2009, 09:49 AM
oppsy!! lol i am very ashamed to say this did make me laugh! i'm sure ofsted will send you another out, best to phone them and see if you can still have kids. good luck!
p.s maybe you should cm proof the shredder?

cabby
09-09-2009, 10:10 AM
im not usually allowed let loose with it:laughing: i do get a bit shredder happy:blush:

Ripeberry
09-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Oops! Do you have any photocopies of it anywhere? Could you use that in the meantime?
When I received my certificate i laminated it straight away so it could not be ripped or damaged! :thumbsup:

Mouse
09-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Phone Ofsted & ask for a new certificate. They will charge though.

I had to get a new one when I tried to laminate mine & it got chewed up. I sent a cheque & had a new certificate through really quickly.

Either that or spend the afternoon doing a certificate jigsaw :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

newandlearning
09-09-2009, 10:23 AM
hi .. I'm sure Ofsted will be happy to send you another one.. I've always found the peep on the phone to be very nice..xx

Tam's Tribe
09-09-2009, 10:28 AM
:ROFL1:

I have done this as well . . . I worked for a large company in South Africa (in the beginning of my career) and I shreaded a customers cheque . . . quite a large one . . . boss was not impressed . . . anyway, I called the customer and explained that I sit too close to the shreader and shreaded his cheque . . . he had a good laugh and thanked me for my honesty (said others would have made up a story) and immediately sent me another one . . . I laugh about it now . . .

I am sure Ofsted will send you another . . . good luck!

Princess Sara
09-09-2009, 10:32 AM
:ROFL1:

I have done this as well . . . I worked for a large company in South Africa (in the beginning of my career) and I shreaded a customers cheque . . . quite a large one . . . boss was not impressed . . . anyway, I called the customer and explained that I sit too close to the shreader and shreaded his cheque . . . he had a good laugh and thanked me for my honesty (said others would have made up a story) and immediately sent me another one . . . I laugh about it now . . .

I am sure Ofsted will send you another . . . good luck!

Haha that one made me laugh!

As pp have said, Ofsted will send you a replacement, they will charge. You have to have it on display while working though so I dunno what you should do about tomorrow, maybe shuv it all in a box so you have it, even if it is in pieces...

cabby
09-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Phone Ofsted & ask for a new certificate. They will charge though.

I had to get a new one when I tried to laminate mine & it got chewed up. I sent a cheque & had a new certificate through really quickly.

Either that or spend the afternoon doing a certificate jigsaw :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

thats my activity for tomorrow, shredded certificate, pots of glue and mindees!!!!!!! im sure it will look as good as new:laughing: :laughing:

cabby
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
im not due an inspection for about a year,
if i ring them they wont suddenly bring it forward will they:huh:

emler
09-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry but that made me laugh too - sounds like something I would do :laughing:

ORKSIE
09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
When you get your new one put it up on the wall...then it wont get shredded:D

cabby
09-09-2009, 11:09 AM
When you get your new one put it up on the wall...then it wont get shredded:D

it was on my notice board, but me being me:blush: took every thing of it to give that a good sort through as well, which is the most annoying thing i know there's nothing on there to sort out, so dont really know why i took everything off it in the first place:laughing: :laughing:

ORKSIE
09-09-2009, 11:15 AM
it was on my notice board, but me being me:blush: took every thing of it to give that a good sort through as well, which is the most annoying thing i know there's nothing on there to sort out, so dont really know why i took everything off it in the first place:laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: Oooops

amanda1309
09-09-2009, 11:26 AM
:laughing: :laughing:
oops

miffy
09-09-2009, 12:03 PM
im not usually allowed let loose with it:laughing: i do get a bit shredder happy:blush:

Now we know why! :laughing:

Sorry, did make me laugh - hope you get it sorted

Miffy xx

The Juggler
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
how long have you had it. Tell them ink had run in the post must have got caught in the rain or something. Worth a try, they might send you a new one free

Alibali
09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Oops:blush: :blush:

Twinkles
09-09-2009, 01:04 PM
You'll just have to put up the 164 separate pieces onto your notice board 'till the new one arrives - it will still be displayed , just a a jigsaw :laughing:

FussyElmo
09-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Dont worry - my ds put mine in the washing machine!!!

I rang ofsted and they were very understanding. I had to pay for another one and I was allowed to carry on working without the certificate. I was even inspected without one as they knew why!!!

cabby
09-09-2009, 01:25 PM
how long have you had it. Tell them ink had run in the post must have got caught in the rain or something. Worth a try, they might send you a new one free

2 years, still worth a try, they'll proberly just think they were a bit slow sending it out:ROFL1: :ROFL1: