PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a moan

Pudding Girl
09-09-2009, 08:57 AM
My back has pretty much gone.

Spoke to mum earlier yesterday and told her I could feel it going to that I may have to cancel today.

When rang to confirm that this morning she then said oh I was jsut about to ring you anyway, the kids are ill and weren't coming anyway.

Annoyed now that I lose a days pay when if I hadn't called for another 5 mins I could have rested my back on full pay ARGH!!!

And I'm a bit testy today as am in pain so please don't feel I am being off with anyone today, when I am hurting I get snappy :blush: poor hubby going to get the brunt later!!

sarah707
09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Ouch! :(

Feel better soon xx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2009, 09:03 AM
I sympathise. Hope it is better soon

Are you seeing a chiropractor? Maybe get in to one today as they are fabulous.

Mouse
09-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Poor you. I hope your back eases soon.

I'm sure bad backs are one of the major hazzards for childminders.

Pudding Girl
09-09-2009, 09:06 AM
it's an old injury when I was a care assistant, was off 6 weeks initially 5 yrs ago, then it went again the next year for 2 weeks, and nothing till now, have been losing weight and that's helped massively, but now in the last year put most of it back on again, and I think it's that. So nothing I can instantly change grr!

It's muscular, can feel it in spasm down either side of my spine and going up higher on my left than my right, and I can't feel my left buttock :blush: not sure if the Chiropractor can help with that? muscular probs I mean not my bum cheek!!

Am trying to keep as mobile as I can with horizontal rests in between on the floor with my legs up on the wall.

LOOPYLISA
09-09-2009, 10:53 AM
You have my sympathy, my hubby suffers really bad with his back :thumbsup:

Hope it eases up soon x

Alibali
09-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh no, have you tried a tens machine? Lloyds chemist sell them for about £10.00, they really help me when my back goes (an old nursing injury)

Get well soon.

Cazz
09-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Hope your back improves soon, you have my sympathy - only hurt my back once but it was enough to make me cry in pain.

The parent wasn't being crafty by any chance was she? Possibly took a day off as she knew you wouldn't be able to look after them but saying that they are ill so she doesn't have to pay (have they really both become ill at exactly the same time?)

I could be completely wrong - maybe I've read too many posts on here about parents :laughing:

Pudding Girl
09-09-2009, 02:34 PM
It's this family's last week too, if I am not able to work thur and fri then I won't get a chance to say goodbye to the children :(