PDA

View Full Version : poorly ds - how soon to tell mindees for tomorrow?

mama2three
09-09-2009, 08:33 AM
my 3 yr old is poorly , currently layed on the sofa watching thomas , raging temp , no rash or anything though and not complaining anything hurts. its only my first week minding , and only had mindee 2 days this week , monday and thursday. so how late can i leave it to let mum know i might not be able to do tomorrow? Cant believe this is happening so soon - i know it happens to everyone but not on the second day! why me? and my poor boy! aaargh , could cry x

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2009, 08:40 AM
If you don't know where the temp is coming from I would go to the doctors as he could just be teeth or an ear infection and you can still have the mindee for this time.

loocyloo
09-09-2009, 08:43 AM
hugs to you and ds!

i would phone parents and say that your son is unwell at the moment, but you will let them know at X o'clock, if you are able to work tomorrow.

if he hasn't been sick or had diarreah ( can't spell it sorry! ), then as long as he is up to a usual day, then i would say you will be fine to have them. after all, you don't want them thinking its ok to send sick children to you!

xxx

mama2three
09-09-2009, 09:07 AM
got a docs appointment in half an hour so will decide after that. he is prone to ear infections - but not complaining his ears hurt at all. will see what mrs doc says - really dont want to let anyone down , but then he has to come first.

LOOPYLISA
09-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Good luck, hope hes ok :thumbsup:

mama2three
09-09-2009, 12:19 PM
still dont really know whats wrong with Quinn but at least his temp is starting to come down. it was 39.6 at the docs. on the bright side whilst ive been umming and aahing about what to do my mindees mum has rung to say shes got a funeral to go to tomorrow and shes decided to take him with her. so i dont need to worry about letting her down , or about losing money either. yay.

The Juggler
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
lots of hugs. My dd went down with scarlett fever (highly contagious) at start of my second week of minding!

sarah707
09-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Hope ds is feeling better soon xx

TheBTeam
09-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Hope your son is better soon, we had this last night with my dd, she had a temperature of just under 40, and aching legs, headache and sore throat, which dr on description said was swine flu and to get tamiflu through the helpline. I got the code for the tamiflu but was reluctant to go and get it as it was near the time the place shut, so i managed her temperature and let her snuggle downstairs. I typed a text ready to send to parents saying had suspected swine flu and as there was dh and myself at home we would open and they could decide if they wanted to send their child.

Well shortly after I typed the text, my dd said i am hungry and promptly ate and had an ice cream, so i didn't send the text and thought i would give her the night to see how she was, this morning she woke up quite a bit better, still a temp but fairly okay! Guessing not swine flu, told the parents of the goings on this morning and surprisingly not one of them would have kept their children at home!!!!

I have not had one parent ever when my children have been ill with all manor of unknown things want to keep their kids at home! Two mums dropped their child off precisely 7 minutes after i had thrown up with some unknown thing and they said oh well we can do nothing about it and left!

Work is far more important to most people than the potential for sickness!!