PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

Twinkle
08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Some time ago I had an unfounded allegation made about me to OfSTED, I'm pretty sure it was a mum I'd just given notice too.

Is there any way of finding out who actually made the allegation? OfSTED wouldn't tell me at the time.

uf353432
08-09-2009, 09:53 PM
they may not know if it was made anonymously...

tinkerbelle
09-09-2009, 06:51 AM
no they wont tell you even if it wasn't made anonimous but usually you can put 2 n 2 together n figure out who it was i had another minder report me around 3 and a half years ago she reported me for being over my numbers i knew it was her as she made a point of finger pointing to my mindees and counting them shame for her id already applied for and got a variation to have 4 under 5's
someone reported her as well (one of her mums who came to me for ofsted's number to complain) the minder blamed for giving number out when she should have given it herself

sarah707
09-09-2009, 06:53 AM
No they won't tell you.

You have to let it go and move on. Don't carry it with you. It will just eat away at you.

:group hug:

miffy
09-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Some time ago I had an unfounded allegation made about me to OfSTED, I'm pretty sure it was a mum I'd just given notice too.

Is there any way of finding out who actually made the allegation? OfSTED wouldn't tell me at the time.

There's no way unless you have a suspicion, confront the person and they admit it but that's not always the best way.............

It was unfounded, so hold you head high and move on :)

Miffy xx

sunnysmile
09-09-2009, 08:36 AM
I had one against me and the CC told me who it was. Although mine was also unfounded and no case to answer to the new childminder is telling the world I had a complaint against me. It makes me annoyed as it was the parent who wrecked my floor and never came back just cancelled.

cuffleygirl
09-09-2009, 09:26 AM
No they won't tell you - it makes you feel so uneasy. I had a similar about numbers I had a variation for 4 under 5's and stood with another child whilst his heavily pregnant mother used the toilet for all of 5 mins. A newly registered minder reported it the wording the inspector used was one of this minders phrases - the minder then actively tried poaching my mindee's.

Ofsted did investigate and apologised when I could prove numbers etc, what got me was if this minder had been geniunely concerned for the safety of the children she would have offered to help as she had spaces!

It ate away at me for ages - don't let it do the same to you! I did get the chance to make myself feel better when I spotted her over numbers helping a friend out by saying in a very concerned manner 'be careful there is some b***h around here who will shop you for numbers!" her face a picture!

cuffleygirl
09-09-2009, 09:27 AM
oh forgot to mention she didn't get any of my mindees as they were all happy with me!