PDA

View Full Version : Help! NCMA Spreadsheet?

MarpleJollytots
08-09-2009, 08:19 PM
After our pre registration visit from Ofstead, Myself and Tracie are about to start our accounts for child minding. I love layout of the NCMA accounts book, but we would prefer to use the same layout on a spreadsheet for Excel. Has anyone got hold of a spreadsheet which replicates this, that they could email us.
Many thanks in Advance.
Mike & Tracie

Kelly
08-09-2009, 08:38 PM
over the years I have reproduced alot of the paperwork, but because the tax man would accept the NCMA accounts book if they inspected you, I have always bought it to keep myself organised.

Sometimes I do think it would be easier on a spreadsheet, but never bothered,

Sorry I can't help

MarpleJollytots
08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
over the years I have reproduced alot of the paperwork, but because the tax man would accept the NCMA accounts book if they inspected you, I have always bought it to keep myself organised.

Sometimes I do think it would be easier on a spreadsheet, but never bothered,

Sorry I can't help

I think this is a good point, as its all ways to hand if needed. Thanks for your input.:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-09-2009, 11:13 PM
I advise all my newly supported childminders to use the NCMA books for the first year and then make your own.

MarpleJollytots
09-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I advise all my newly supported childminders to use the NCMA books for the first year and then make your own.

Thanks Debbie, we are considering doing this now for the first year.
I was just thinking spreadsheet automatically as i owned and ran a limited company for 5 years when i was in the Kitchen business.

Thanks
Mike & Tracie

Dottilicious
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Someone (sorry cant remember who) posted this a while ago, which i added to my favourites but havent used so I don't know what it is like but might be worth a look.

Sorry cant add link, try by putting childminding accounts into google.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks Debbie, we are considering doing this now for the first year.
I was just thinking spreadsheet automatically as i owned and ran a limited company for 5 years when i was in the Kitchen business.

Thanks
Mike & Tracie

It isn't the issue of a spreadsheet but knowing what you can claim and how the IR accept the layout. I am not saying that it has to be the same but it does help.

MarpleJollytots
09-09-2009, 06:46 PM
It isn't the issue of a spreadsheet but knowing what you can claim and how the IR accept the layout. I am not saying that it has to be the same but it does help.
Thanks for your help, we have decided to use the book for the first year to try and keep it nice and simple, Tracie doesn't have a great deal of experience with a computer anyway so it will be best for her to see how the accounts work in the book and give her the experience she needs.
Thanks
Mike