PDA

View Full Version : ******************

Lincsminder
08-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Sorry about the swearing but my dh's elderly grandmother (now decesed) used to say the above phrase and she said it made you feel alot better so I thought I would try it.

Well with my OFSTED inspection comming up I thought I would print of a few more bits to update my files but as my computer isn't working too well I wanted to fix that first. So I updated my back up disc and wiped the computer setting it back to factory settings. Went to put my files back on and they are gone:angry: Every thing I stored on the disc is there apart form my Childminding folder and my OU folder so its all gone. Im going to look on the possitive side and re write everything so it will be more up to date, especially my policies becaue I have changed the way I do lots of things,but I feel its going to take forever, Ive stored lots of stuff over the past 7 years. Then to top it off the lap top still isnt working right so dh has bought me a new one, I need something reliable for E115, and my existing one is going to be for the kids to use.

Trouble
08-09-2009, 07:46 PM
continue swearing your allowed:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Alibali
08-09-2009, 07:46 PM
OH NO:eek: Sending hugs:group hug: :group hug:

Pipsqueak
08-09-2009, 07:48 PM
i don't know if it would work but you could try doing a restore point. go to your windows control panel and search for restore points

its rare that something it terminal on a pc.

avril
08-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh no :eek:

I've been there and done that when our old computer crashed and lost EVERYTHING but luckily not ou work. Swear away because I certainly would be.

Mouse
08-09-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm shocked that someone's grandmother would swear like that - I must have lead a very sheltered life ;)

How annoying about your work though. I lost loads of photos on my last laptop & was gutted! Really keeping my fingers crossed that you can find someway of getting it all back.

charleyfarley
08-09-2009, 08:04 PM
You swear away I'd be doing the same if it was me.

Carol xx

Ripeberry
08-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Nothing is ever completely lost. If the hard drive is intact, then get an expert to find it. It may just be in gibberish code but they should be able to restore it :)

ORKSIE
08-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Hope you can restore your files, I would have sworn too:panic:

Twinkle
08-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Swearing? Think I'd be hitting the brandy bottle and sobbing by now!! :panic: :panic:

gegele
08-09-2009, 10:08 PM
sorry I'm still trying to work out the swearing line that could make me feel better LOL

Bazza
09-09-2009, 06:14 AM
You might be able to recover the data. You need to get some software to scsn your drives and see if there is anything to get back. It is a long shot, but it might work.

Also, the disc you burned it to, was this a blank one or did you copy over the original data on there? If you had an older version on there it is possible to recover that with some software i know of. Im not at my desktop pc right now so cannot recal the name of it. PM me if you need details and ill grab it tonight and give you the details.

The problem with deleted info is that it is still there but the more you use the pc the more chance it has of getting written over.

Oh, i remember now, for cd/dvd recovery you can use ISObuster, its free i believe and really good (if you like stuff like that!).