PDA

View Full Version : shocked!

mushpea
08-09-2009, 07:21 PM
I care for a 2.5yrold 10hrs a week, he was four days a week but then mum stoped working for various reasons but still sends him so she can have a 'break', she is a single mum and is finding the age he is,the lack of social life, lack of money (she was a hard worker and has been job hunting so not a lazy mum), and the fact the father wants nothing to do with him all very hard, it all came to ahead the other day and when the child nocked over a ornament she went mad and to cut a long story short now says she wants him adopted, i really want to help her so rang social care today and explained the problem stating that if she dosent get some kind of help the child may be at risk and they said there is nothing they can do to help her, i am absoulty shocked, i am trying to prevent a possible case of neglet or abuse and they dont want to know, the lady on the phone was lovley and did her best to help and get me some phone numbers that could help but i thought that they would be then ones to step in. i also informed them of a previoius injury but they said as there was now no physical eveidence of it then they cant act on it even though i had recorded it.
so if the social care dont care then what are we supposed to do to prevent abuse:eek:

i am acutlay full now but she did ask me if she could get finacial help would i be able to have him more, i want to write to ofsted for an extension but dont know what to write as the only reason i am full is because one parent does 2 solid days and the others r floating so she dont need me every week on them days, how do i explain all this to ofsted to get my variation of numbers?

sarah707
08-09-2009, 07:33 PM
The local safeguarding children board for your area ought to be able to help... it's what they are set up to do.

just a thought but does the parent know you are doing this? She might be very upset if she gets the wrong end of the stick or they come in like bulls in china shops all overbearing rather than helpful...

Just from what you're saying, she sounds depressed - I think maybe you should encourage her to see her doctor.

Hope it resolves quickly xx

mushpea
08-09-2009, 07:34 PM
The local safeguarding children board for your area ought to be able to help... it's what they are set up to do.

just a thought but does the parent know you are doing this? She might be very upset if she gets the wrong end of the stick or they come in like bulls in china shops all overbearing rather than helpful...

Just from what you're saying, she sounds depressed - I think maybe you should encourage her to see her doctor.

Hope it resolves quickly xx

no but the nan asked me to look in to it as she is very worried about the situation, nan sort of shares him to help her out but its not enough anymore.

Alibali
08-09-2009, 07:38 PM
I would recommend contacting her health visitor as a start to see if she can offer assistance, also make sure you have documented all you have done and I would mention to mum what you have done too, incase she gets the wrong end of the stick.

What a sad situation, hope it works out well.

As for applying for a variation make a table of all the children you have, their ages and the days/times you have them and include a covering note explaining the situation.

mushpea
08-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I know i am being thick again but when i write all this down do i put it in his file that i keep with his contract (not the eyfs folder) or do i keep it all seperate?

funtoplay
08-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi,

Our local childrens centre does alot of out reach work to try and find ways of supporting families in need of some extra help. They form TAC teams (Team around the child) to help find the right kind of support. Our TAC teams can even include childminders.

Julia