PDA

View Full Version : numbers question

elainerut
08-09-2009, 07:15 PM
hi all you saviours with more knowledge than me just a question on numbers please my certificate state i can care for 1 child under one 2 under 5 and 2 aged 5-8, rite at the moment i have a 6 and 7 yr old after school and a 4 almost 5 year old plus my own son who is almost 2....................................

rite to me that leaves me with been free all day up to school run and one place vacant (under 1) everyone follow?

rite could i fill that place with a 5 year old if it arose or does it have be an under 1

hope u can help im confused

katickles
08-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I thought as a rule ofsted only allowed 3 children under the age of 5 - & only one of which can be under one years, unless you applied for a variation that is.

So how come your cert says you can have this & your own child who is two??

Don't mean that to sound rude BTW :)

manjay
08-09-2009, 07:26 PM
hi all you saviours with more knowledge than me just a question on numbers please my certificate state i can care for 1 child under one 2 under 5 and 2 aged 5-8, rite at the moment i have a 6 and 7 yr old after school and a 4 almost 5 year old plus my own son who is almost 2....................................

rite to me that leaves me with been free all day up to school run and one place vacant (under 1) everyone follow?

rite could i fill that place with a 5 year old if it arose or does it have be an under 1

hope u can help im confused

Yes you could but I wouldn't as it would stop you taking on a preschooler iyswim (more money and all that:D )

mushpea
08-09-2009, 07:27 PM
ok so i am rather thick at this so bear with me:blush:
as i understand from your post you have already got 2 children between 5-8 and now the 4 nearly 5yrold is possibly at school full time so this means you have now got 3x 5-8yrolds but you are only allowed 2 according to your certificate? when they are at school full time they are classed as over 5 for your numbers.
if your certificate says 2under 5 one being under a year then you can have up to 2 children under 5yrs old but only one of those 2 children can be under 1 then it says you can have 2 between 5-8 but you have 3 age between 5-8 so you may have to ask ofsted to change your certificate.
forgive me if i got confused and got it wrong.

manjay
08-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I thought as a rule ofsted only allowed 3 children under the age of 5 - & only one of which can be under one years, unless you applied for a variation that is.

Oh yes! Didn't read that very well:rolleyes:

manjay
08-09-2009, 07:30 PM
as i understand from your post you have already got 2 children between 5-8 and now the 4 nearly 5yrold is possibly at school full time so this means you have now got 3x 5-8yrolds but you are only allowed 2 according to your certificate? when they are at school full time they are classed as over 5 for your numbers.
if your certificate says 2under 5 one being under a year then you can have up to 2 children under 5yrs old but only one of those 2 children can be under 1 then it says you can have 2 between 5-8 but you have 3 age between 5-8 so you may have to ask ofsted to change your certificate.

Surely your certificates don't read that your mindees have to be in specific age groups? Mine says 5 under 8's with no more than..... etc Or is this different in England?

elainerut
08-09-2009, 07:30 PM

ive know idea but thats how my cert came wen told them my son was now 1!

elainerut
08-09-2009, 07:33 PM

there on different days sorry didnt put that:blush:

Mouse
08-09-2009, 07:35 PM
How is your certificate worded? 1 child under 1yr old and 2 children under 5 is different to 2 children under 5, of which only 1 may be under 1 (which is how it's normally worded).

katickles
08-09-2009, 07:35 PM
My certificate reads as:

may care for no mor ethan 4 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 1 maybe in the early years age group, and of these, none maybe under 1 years at any one time (Early years register, compulsory part of the childcare register)

This is because I have 2 children of my own, one at 2 years & 1 at 5 months

I know I may sound like I am going on, but I would really get it checked that its fine for you to have that many in the early years age bracket, as your son should count in your numbers.