PDA

View Full Version : double buggy advice please

gegele
08-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I have a Zafira with all seats up, I'm going to use the buggy a lot for short journee in and out of the car.

I need a buggy that is light as i will be putting it in and out of the car about 20time a day!!!!! bye bye bingo wing but also bye bye back if i'm not careful. I have a big heavy tandem to go for walk in the field but it doesn't fit in my car

any advice on what is best to buy and where please. thanks
:thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
08-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Using one that much I would just go for a cheap no frills umbrella fold, have a look in argos or kiddicare.

jaja
08-09-2009, 04:41 PM
My silver crossw buggy fits its the pop duet one, i found mine on ebay but it did cost about £100, but fantastic condition and worth its money...... It fits perfectly in my zafira with all seats up.....

Pudding Girl
08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I'd disagree and spend on getting a quality one if you use it loads, it'll be well worth it.

Nippers and Baby Jogger City Mini and Aria (although Aria not really an offroader type) are lightweight and flat folding and both fit fine into Zafira (may be stood up rather than layed down flat as long as that doesn't bother you?)

Might be an idea to get thee to a store and try out in your boot if you can as it's an expensive mistake to make!

The Juggler
08-09-2009, 06:28 PM
the lightest ones I've had (I've never gone for the heavy three wheelers) are the chicco and maclarens. They both umbrella fold to the size of not much more than a single three wheeler.

Stanfield
08-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I would be interested to know if a phil and teds fits? Both with all seats up and with only 6 seats up (although would have to secure iot to stop it falling onto 6th seat.

Lucy

Louise_Oaktree
08-09-2009, 07:09 PM
My silver crossw buggy fits its the pop duet one, i found mine on ebay but it did cost about £100, but fantastic condition and worth its money...... It fits perfectly in my zafira with all seats up.....

I got mine for £70 from ebay - collection only - still saving for the Zafira :laughing: but the lady who sold it to me had a Zafira and said it fit but she had never tried it with hoods on - does it fit with both hoods on? (sorry to hijack OP :blush: )

gegele
08-09-2009, 10:14 PM
i saw a graco duosport twin on ebay new 75 quids. looks like it fold quite slim and is one of the lightest i saw at just over10KG.

i knew the school runs at different school was goint to be a mistake but beggers are no choosers!!!

anyone ever tried this buggy??

jaja
09-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I got mine for £70 from ebay - collection only - still saving for the Zafira :laughing: but the lady who sold it to me had a Zafira and said it fit but she had never tried it with hoods on - does it fit with both hoods on? (sorry to hijack OP :blush: )

yes both hoods, you have to put the rain cover in seprate but apart from that it was fantastic, love the car and love the buggy:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I brought the car then decided on the buggy but didnt check it first:blush: but thank god it fitted, dont think hubby would have been impressed if it hadnt.......done that before and had to get rid of it:blush: :blush:

mrsgreen
09-09-2009, 10:00 AM
maclarens maclarens maclarens all day long!!

jeanybeany
09-09-2009, 08:21 PM
I would be interested to know if a phil and teds fits? Both with all seats up and with only 6 seats up (although would have to secure iot to stop it falling onto 6th seat.

Lucy

Yes it fits and should fit lying down by the 6th seat if you take the back wheels off (I think). I love my Zafira and p&t!

mumx3
10-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I have a maclaren twin traveller and I adore it. Easy to push, fold and lift.