PDA

View Full Version : Applying for a variation with the CSSIW?? Help!! Please!

Tippy Toes
08-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi all

I was wondering whether you think I have any chance of getting a variation?

Basically I registered as a childinder in April and I am pretty much full. I have several part time babies and 2 after school children. I am max on my numbers most days.

BUT today I have had a call from a lady who desperatly needs after school care for her little boy.

Her little boy goes to the same school as my little boy and the 2 mindees I have after school. (They are all in the same class.)

Basically if I were to take on this little boy I would overlap for 1 hour three days a week.

What are my chances of getting this variation applied?

Also I need to send in a letter requesting this, how would you word it?

Thanks, any help greatly appreciated x:)

aly
08-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I dont think they will allow it for financial gain unless it was twins or continuity of care??

I was given a variation but only becaus ethey messed up my certificate.

There is nothing wrong with asking though and they can only say no. give it a try

good luck

Tippy Toes
08-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I dont think they will allow it for financial gain unless it was twins or continuity of care??

I was given a variation but only becaus ethey messed up my certificate.

There is nothing wrong with asking though and they can only say no. give it a try

good luck

Thanks Aly I am going to write to them to see if they will allow it.

aly
08-09-2009, 02:02 PM
where about are you?

Tippy Toes
08-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Pontypridd in South Wales

aly
08-09-2009, 02:44 PM
not far from me then...i'm blackwood.:cool:

manjay
08-09-2009, 03:21 PM
We have also been advised not to ask if it is for financial gain. It took me 6 weeks to get one granted for one day for an existing family! In our area you have to complete a variation request form so it may make it quicker if you e mail and ask for one.