PDA

View Full Version : Observation

karenpriest2000
08-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Can i use an activity i did with one of my mindee as an observation? I dont think he has ever done gluing or sticking before...He is only 14 mths.

miss mopple
08-09-2009, 01:07 PM
of course you can. Not much point in planning activities if we dont then observe the kids doing them :D

sarah707
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM
That's a great opportunity for an observation.

did he explore the glue? Did he get any on the paper? Did he make pictures with it on the table?

All good fun! :D

karenpriest2000
08-09-2009, 07:42 PM
He didn't find it strange . I have pictures of me helping him hold the glue stick and sticking colured paper on a duck. He didn't lack concentration which was good as at that age they dont really want to be doin alot! But havin fun...
I have just wrote it up in his observation book and i am hoping i have done it right. This is the first one i have done so we will see.
Sarah any pointers on writing obs for a 14mth old .

sarah707
08-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Same as any other age really...

Talk about what the child does... he holds the glue stick, he moves it around, he puts his finger in the glue, he makes noises for the duck, he smiles at me when he is doing it all...

Talk about where this comes in the Eyfs - Physical development holding the stick or CD perhaps...

Talk about possible next steps - going to see the ducks, singing duck songs, making some duck puppets...

Hope that helps :D