PDA

View Full Version : notice boards

Polly2
08-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone

Does anyone know where I can buy some really nice notice boards - not just the standard cork ones?

I have seen some nice felt ones in red/blue.

Reason being one of my parents forgot I was going on holiday and turned up as we were leaving :eek: I felt soooo bad, but she must have mislaid my holiday dates.

Also another parent got her child in at the local nursery because she thought I was full and needed more days.

I thought I could put up important info like holiday dates, reminders, vacancies, then parents could see as they walked in door.

I do include all these things in my newletter but thought I could do this as well.

Any ideas people??

miss mopple
08-09-2009, 01:08 PM
How about Staples?

manjay
08-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I bought a couple of really nice ones in staples. The main part of it is kind of material which I can stick velcro things on. Sorry not expained very well:rolleyes:

Polly2
08-09-2009, 01:17 PM
thats sounds good! Not got a staples round here so I will look on line thanks x

Annie_T
08-09-2009, 01:42 PM
try ebay

staples do various sizes

Tink
08-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I got mine from my local stationary shop they were selling them off.

aly
08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
home bargains
b&m bargains
wilkinsons
poundstretchers?

if i think of more ill come back

Polly2
08-09-2009, 02:41 PM
we do have a wilkos so i will look there too cheers:thumbsup:

grindal
08-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Mine is half pin board and half white board. The white board part makes it really easy to write daily notices on

rickysmiths
08-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi everyone

Does anyone know where I can buy some really nice notice boards - not just the standard cork ones?

I have seen some nice felt ones in red/blue.

Reason being one of my parents forgot I was going on holiday and turned up as we were leaving :eek: I felt soooo bad, but she must have mislaid my holiday dates.

Also another parent got her child in at the local nursery because she thought I was full and needed more days.

I thought I could put up important info like holiday dates, reminders, vacancies, then parents could see as they walked in door.

I do include all these things in my newletter but thought I could do this as well.

Any ideas people??

Sorry but I know I am over cautious but I would not put your holiday dates on a notice board.

What when the meter reader comes past or the heating engineer visits? I never put my holiday dates on my calender either. It all goes back to advise I was given by the Crime Prevention Officer who gave me advise when I bought my first flat. Holidays on calendars etc is bad if you happen to be unlucky and are burguled, they then know exactly when the house is going to be empty for the same reason you should not put your calendars by a window.

Sorry but your parents are going to have to be more organised and from what you have said they won't forget again will they!

I always do an individual letter to each set of parents to inform them of my holidays, maybe this couple would register with this rather than a newsletter?

Louise_Oaktree
08-09-2009, 06:48 PM
You don't need to put it down as holidays - just put it down as days you will be closed :thumbsup: good advice though - haven't thought about that - I guess even appointments etc would be dead giveaways to burglars wanting an empty house :eek:

Stanfield
08-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Mine is half pin board and half white board. The white board part makes it really easy to write daily notices on

I have one of these but don't use it ... Great idea!!! It's in the garage somewhere!!!:laughing:

Polly2
09-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Good point Ricky I hadn't thought of that. I did give out individual notes as well as newsletters and my dates are on my website. I guess things get waylaid though.

I'm not the most organised of parents myself! son went to school with only half a pe kit yesterday :laughing: