PDA

View Full Version : Paint Pads for Handprints

Louise_Oaktree
08-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Ok folks I read about these somewhere (most likely on here :D ) so went ahead and bought one thinking they would be perfect for doing handprints for learning journey......now I have just opened it to use and it's obviously so simple to use that they don't need to put instructions on it :blush: so I went ahead and tried it but it looks a bit faint - am I supposed to put water on it?

Sorry if a stupid question! :laughing:

Blaze
08-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Isn't that funny used mine today - useless - will stick to paint on a paper plate in future!:rolleyes:

carlen222
08-09-2009, 04:24 PM
i bought 5 of them from baker ross and very dissapointed!! as you say no instructions!!!! and the silver was soooo faint (even on bright pink paper) that i had to scrap that idea and use the blue. it seems to be just a sponge with some paint on it-oh and stained my high chair and will not come off, even with bleach!!!!!!!!! so god knows what is in the stuff!!!!!!!!

Angela234
08-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I have blue and red from baker ross i add a bit of water to them if they are faint it does the trick mine are about 3 years old and still going. I do only use them for special things

sweets
08-09-2009, 04:51 PM
at our toddler group once they just had large flat washing up sponges in the bottom of empty ice cream tubs with a bit of slighly watered down paint in them. worked really well!

PixiePetal
08-09-2009, 04:57 PM
at our toddler group once they just had large flat washing up sponges in the bottom of empty ice cream tubs with a bit of slighly watered down paint in them. worked really well!

I use them on paper plates so I can chuck it all in the bin at the end, it's hard enough getting the hands clean (and anything they touch by accident) without cleaning pots etc :)

cherry pink
09-09-2009, 10:48 AM
i got some from tesco's for about £1.50 each and not had any problems with them, but have to hide them from one of my mindees as since introducing her to foot printing she stipped off her shoes and socks and padded all over the lounge after standing in it wouldnt wait for me to finish nappy changing another and to get her paper.lol

pinklady
09-09-2009, 03:10 PM
i got some from tesco's for about £1.50 each and not had any problems with them, but have to hide them from one of my mindees as since introducing her to foot printing she stipped off her shoes and socks and padded all over the lounge after standing in it wouldnt wait for me to finish nappy changing another and to get her paper.lol

:eek: I hope you haven't got carpet!

cherry pink
10-09-2009, 10:24 AM
:eek: I hope you haven't got carpet!

lol no thank goodness i learnt very quickly when i first started minding that carpets and this job just do not go well together :D