PDA

View Full Version : CSSIW Inspection looming - help!

sparky
08-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi ladies,

I have had my self assessment forms in the post & returned them ready for my inspection. The forms were dueback by the 10th so I'm assuming the inspection will be sometime after this?

The issue I want advice on though is that I am not currently CM as five days after I was registered (Nov 08) I found out I was pg. I had a temp minding contract for 10 hrs p/week over 8 wks in April, but have done nothing since. I informed CSSIW I am on mat leave (9wk old baby) and they said I still have to be inspected, despite not minding, or they will withdraw my registration :(

Anyone had experience of this? Will the inspector just check the house/my docs or will s/he want to observe me with my own children?! I understand why they do it but think it's slightly unfair as I have not been implementing new things, buying equipment etc & wont be doing structured daily activities with my kids as we are only just settling into a routine!!

What will they want / expect from me???

tulip0803
08-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I am also waiting for my first CSSIW insp. I was told that they would insp me whether or not I have children - so I assume that it would be similar to pre-reg. I had to have my forms back at the end of Aug (when my only mindee was leaving). Since then I have 3 children starting this month so I have just informed them of the starting dates, so I am assuming that they will appear at some time that I have children now - but no telling:rolleyes:

sarah707
26-10-2009, 06:27 PM
You will have to go through the same inspection as if you were working.

Your report will reflect what you would do if you were working... and since you aren't graded it won't be a worry about getting a lower one.

I hope the inspection is a positive experience for you! :D