PDA

View Full Version : Any tuff spot ideas for under 1s

angiemog
08-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi Everyone.... Please does anyone have any ideas that are suitable for 10 and 13 months? All the ideas I have seem more suitable for 2yrs+ children. At the mo everything is being put in their mouths. Thank you .... x

sweets
08-09-2009, 11:23 AM
cooked spagetti would be good as they could even sit in it,and no harm if eaten. (not the spag in tomato sauce obv) lol.

Sarahbelle
08-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Got to be careful with cooked spaghetti though. It is only ok for about an hour. After that bactia breeds and could make your mindees ill. We told about this when we did a sensory doorstep training session.

youarewhatyoueat
08-09-2009, 11:41 AM
pine cones and mini logs, and leaves.I've got my husband to cut up some mini logs and the little ones like stacking them.I saw them for £30 in the tts catalogue and pinched the idea.How about jelly, or gloop. hidden animals in shredded paper. Have you got the mirrored spot as you could put anything in for them to look at.

Polly2
08-09-2009, 11:43 AM
rice krispies :D

angiemog
08-09-2009, 12:07 PM
thank you some great ideas here..... I feel a shopping trip coming on.......x

The Juggler
08-09-2009, 12:55 PM
anything you would put in a treasure basket could be transferred. I have lots of shiny lids (off food containers), mirror toys and jangly things along with the usual stuff.

Ripeberry
08-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm waiting for my book about Tuff spot activities to come from an E-bay seller. I hope they have some ideas in there, otherwise it could be used with a small amount of water just to wet it and they could make 'marks' using their fingers.
Gloop and jelly are good ideas or even just a little bit of water and baby bath to make lots of bubbles :)

Helen79
08-09-2009, 08:14 PM
freeze water in big containers to make icebergs.

crushed up weetabix, makes great hay for the toy animals.

rice crispies & cornflakes

I use shaving foam with the older ones to make marks in but squirty cream would work well for little ones who explore with their mouths

PixiePetal
08-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Just got 2 tuff spots delivered from Tesco for schools and clubs :thumbsup: Thanks for the ideas.

I have a 4 year old on Thurs/Fri and thought we could go for a walk collecting leaves, twigs etc an let him unload them and play with the tractors in them.:)