PDA

View Full Version : For the first time ever I have booked GOOD FRIDAY OFF

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Ooooooh im so proud of myself

After having it pointed out to me by some of you that I was a mug for always working it I have booked it off

Yippie

Some of my parents are not too happy but for once I do not care

I have done this for ME

I cant wait it means I have a nice long weekend coming up

Angel xx

ma7ie
26-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Good for you Angel.

berkschick
26-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Good for you!

It is a bank holiday after all ;)

yummymummy
26-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Good for you Angel!
I cannot believe that your minded parents have expected you to work it in the past! :eek: It is a Bank holiday for goodness sake so did they go out and have a good time leaving their children with you and your family!
Have a lovely day with your family ;)x

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Think it was also my fault in the past to be honest

I just worked it and never charged extra

It was only a conversation on here that made me stop and think " Oh my god it is a holiday "
No wonder the parents never said haha

Must have been a very very long blonde moment on my part haha

Angel xx

charleyfarley
26-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Well done Angel :clapping:

I also have worked it in the past but this year my full timers parents have booked a whole week off, yay :clapping:
Other mom works in a nursery so I don't have them in hols either

A quiet week for me I think.

Sorry Angel I took over.

So what are you going to do Angel? Anything special?

Carol xx

Great aviator Angel

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Stay in bed Carol haha

Angel xx

crazybones
26-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Good for you Angel.

I upset a few parents last night booking a week off in May - Its half term and I had already booked Fri and Mon off to go to Centerparcs when I looked at calendar the previous Monday was a Bank Hol so me and hubby decided to take the whole week. One mother pointed out that I had already booked 2 weeks in the summer Hols :eek: I pointed out that actually last year I only had 8 days off and 3 of these were after my father died and his funeral. I also pointed out that in my policies it does state I will take 4 weeks off (20 days) at no charge and they are most likely to be in school holidays. She then said "Well I have no holidays left to take and I dont want him to go to someone he doesnt know." At which point her hubby said - Its fine I have hols left I can be off and she glared at him. I was steaming.

Annie x

Banana
26-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Good for you!!

xx

Monkey1
26-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Well done! I have always taken bank hols and charge everyone full fee except the Nurse who is often working but they usually get cover!

sarah707
26-02-2008, 10:47 AM
About time too! A lovely long weekend!

Now I could do with one of those too...! :D

ajs
26-02-2008, 11:08 AM
do you work easter then sarah

Polly2
26-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Thats great Angel

Enjoy your lie in :D

Mollymop
26-02-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm glad you have booked it off this year, Angel. It'll be a nice long easter weekend for you, so enjoy it x

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Well I dont really know what a lie in is anymore haha Im a morning person and a night owl so I dont think I will be lying in ha

Just nice to have a few days off though

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
26-02-2008, 11:20 AM
good for you Angel, I never work bank holidays :)

have just worked out my holiday dates to give parents for July when we go to turkey just have to put in a letter to them now x

yummymummy
26-02-2008, 12:57 PM
I laughed when I read Annie's reply re the mum being cross about her holidays. Until I childminded I always thought it was the mums who were softer and put the childrens best interests first but I quite quickly learned that this isn't necessarily the case!!! :laughing:

oakie dokie
26-02-2008, 12:58 PM
thats fantastic angel, just point out that most get paid this as well.

hazelx

Twinkles
26-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I haven't even broached the subject of Easter yet. I've got one really cross dad 'cos I'm taking three days off in May and it will be term time. I gave them all my holiday dates before Christmas so they would have time to plan and they've obviously only just looked at them.

Chimps Childminding
26-02-2008, 02:06 PM
I used to work Bank Holidays because hubby worked shifts and if it was your day to work it was just like any other day!!!!!!!!!! but half the time I only ended up being needed by one lot of parents anyway. now hubby has changed his job he doesn't work them and i dont work bank holidays any more AND ITS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Rubybubbles
26-02-2008, 02:28 PM
haha Angel well done hun you silly thing;)

Rubybubbles
26-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Good for you Angel.

I upset a few parents last night booking a week off in May - Its half term and I had already booked Fri and Mon off to go to Centerparcs when I looked at calendar the previous Monday was a Bank Hol so me and hubby decided to take the whole week. One mother pointed out that I had already booked 2 weeks in the summer Hols :eek: I pointed out that actually last year I only had 8 days off and 3 of these were after my father died and his funeral. I also pointed out that in my policies it does state I will take 4 weeks off (20 days) at no charge and they are most likely to be in school holidays. She then said "Well I have no holidays left to take and I dont want him to go to someone he doesnt know." At which point her hubby said - Its fine I have hols left I can be off and she glared at him. I was steaming.

Annie x

:mad: sorry to here that but they are your hols so you take them stuff the parent (sorry!)

I've got a long weekend beginning of May, 2 training days and then the week of half term off:eek: :laughing: . All my parents were fine about it though, they are lucky and have family that can do it at drop of a hat!

I have 30 days holidays in my contract to allow for training days ect:eek: :D , not that I ever take that much like yourself, I don't ask for payment for my hols and would lose out too much

littletreasures
26-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I've booked to go away next week for my birthday, taking a total of 3 days off.

Spoke to my childminding friend and she said she could have J and O for me. When I spoke to Mum she has arranged for her Mum to come and have them as she can't bear the thought of anybody but me looking after them. (childminder wise).

I never take time off during term time as my parents are all teacher and having older kids we don't like to take them out of school because of A levels, GCSE's etc.

For the first time, I will be charging full fee for Easter as it doesn't fall in the holidays when I only get half fee.

Jules

miffy
26-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Well done Angel

I can't believe you worked it anyway and that you never charged any extra

No wonder the parents kept quiet!!!!!!

Hope you have a lovely long weekend

Miffy xx

Minnie Minx
26-02-2008, 08:52 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: yay about flipping time gerty, i hope you have the best weekend ever, with no easter eggs!!!

xxx

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 08:53 PM
oh drat haha

xx

Minnie Minx
26-02-2008, 08:56 PM
oh okay i'll be kind, you can have one creme egg or any one of the same size :D

xxx

Cammie Doodle
26-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Well done Little Miss Chatter Box . I worked bank hols for years (not charging any extra.) I have even taken mindees out with us on family outings as I felt sorry for people :eek: . Silly me , but no longer work bank holidays. I also close for 2 weeks over Christmas :clapping: :clapping: God Im a hard woman now lol Its taken me long enough;)

buildingblocks
03-03-2008, 06:22 PM
i have just given my parents the holiday dates for the year. One of htem is not happy and said are both of your weeks holidays in term time. Reason for not being happy her eldest is in school now and she will have to take her holidays at a different time to me and pay full fee she has always taken her hols at the same time as me and not had to pay me for that week.

I take up to 5 weeks off in holiday days one week in May and one week in September (during term time as I have no children and have no intention of paying school holiday prices - I do feel for those of you who take hols in school holidays). the rest are taken as odd days usually around a weekend so a Friday and a Monday but I may take a third week holiday during the year.

I also normally take a week off at Christmas but ths year not doing that due to the days it falls on.

I do not work bank holidays and these do not count iin my 5 weeks of holidays.

Annie_T
03-03-2008, 06:25 PM
good for you hun, we all need time to ourselfs at some point.

*** the parents its not all bout work and the kids - you count too

miffy
03-03-2008, 06:39 PM
I hate the way parents try and have their holidays at the same time as you simply because they do not want to pay when they go away.

I am very similar to you now Kate - my own children are grown up so why should I have my main holiday in school holidays. parents do eventually get used to it but don't always like it

Miffy xx

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 06:47 PM
I have 12 sets of parents

They all want to book their holidays and are asking if I can fit in with them

How the hell am I supposed to do that ?

Means I would have 12 weeks off or 24 if they all had 2 weeks each at different times

Would not mind if it meant I was getting paid too haha

Angel xx

janet
03-03-2008, 07:04 PM
good on ya angel have a great break xxxx