PDA

View Full Version : im in a huff

hayleychildcare
08-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Ive had no phone calls for work for months and months and now i have

R 5 days a week age 2
M Thursday and Friday age 4
A 5 days a week age 6 month

So thats my 3 under 5 on a Thursday and Friday.

And ive had a call this morning for a 2 year old for a Monday and Friday.

Monday is fine but i carnt do the Friday.

Im so in a huff after having hardly any work for months im having to turn work away and all because of 1 day.:censored:

Aspecially as M is 4 and in full time school i only have him 7.30am - 8.30am and then 3.30 till 5pm, he isnt 5 till April.:censored:

balloon
08-09-2009, 10:24 AM
A child who is 4 counts as a 5 year old if they are in full time school (but it must be both mornings and afternoons), it should say this on your certificate if you were given a new one lately.

Feel free to contact Ofsted to be sure, but it's something that has come up on here time and time again so you may be able to dig the posts up if you do a search...

Does that make you feel better or worse? (gulps in case its worse...)

grindal
08-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I am in a similar position. As i have 2 DSs both under 5 I only have 1 space and this has been filled since April, but in the last couple of weeks I have had an enquiry for next Sept, a mum who wanted me to have a 9 month old and wrap around for her 4 yr old as he starts school, and now have a mum who wants the one day a week I have available but also wants to go up to 3 days per week as soon as possible (which it wont be until DS1 starts school). Its good to be popular, but its really annoying to be full :blush:

hayleychildcare
08-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Ive phoned Ofsted and Yay i can take newbie on.:thumbsup:
Id have a drink to celebrate if i didnt have any kids here:rolleyes:

hayleychildcare
08-09-2009, 10:37 AM
:thumbsup: sorry forgot to add that man from Ofsted sounded really nice :blush:

Lovely voice

balloon
08-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Glad I could help! ;)

hayleychildcare
08-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Thank you soooooooooo much Bluemoon. :thumbsup:
and talking to the nice man cheered me up aswell, makes a change from my hubbys grumpy voice :D

helenlc
08-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Glad it all worked out well for you.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-09-2009, 11:34 AM
I would always ask - cannot hurt

Well done on filling up - better fill up on the energy levels and you will need them!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
08-09-2009, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=onceinabluemoon;521072]A child who is 4 counts as a 5 year old if they are in full time school (but it must be both mornings and afternoons), it should say this on your certificate if you were given a new one lately.

Feel free to contact Ofsted to be sure, but it's something that has come up on here time and time again so you may be able to dig the posts up if you do a search...

I think this is right aswell,i would check with ofsted. fingers crossed