PDA

View Full Version : having a childminder to help while

gailee
08-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I've sent of the forms to have a assistant today and i don't think it will ready by the end of the month?? So i'm wondering if i could have another childminder to help till the crbs clear and ofsted say yes! She's offered to help if i need it! She's not got any at the moment . Its only for 3 days for a few hours?? Will i need to tell ofsted??? only be for a few weeks i hope??? I've found a friend of 1 of my mums and she's polish so hopefully she be ok to help when her checks come back? Its to help with the 4 polish children i have at the moment.
Also i've phoned ofsted yesterday to ask if i could have four on my own ?? They emailed a new form to fill it and i've sent it back so hopefully they'll get back to me soon

tinkerbelle
08-09-2009, 11:01 AM
as long as ur registered for an assistant you can have a childminder to help you i have my friend who is registered to come to my house when my assistant is ill ofsted said that as long as it doesnt state the assistants name on certificate then its fine

rickysmiths
08-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Yes you can but you could not go over your numbers just because she is with you. One of the children would have to be contracted to her or you push trough and emergency Variation for your personal numbers to be increased.

Until you do one or both you would not be covered by your insurance.

gailee
09-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for your replys
Well i've just found out my polish assistant is Pregnant So she's not going to be here for long ! Hopefully her pregnancy will go smoothly for her... So i've got to find another helper ??? I was speaking to a parent yesterday she was hoping to get a job as a teacher assistant but she couldn't find a job at the mo? So i mention i was looking for help she said she would help !!! She's had a crb last year when she was volunteering at the local school ! Would she need to have another crb done??? omg why is everything so hard !!! I've had 4 phone calls from people this week looking for places full time !!!
Also no phone call from ofsted about 4 variation for next week :angry:

madasahatter
09-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Don't want to add to your woes but I've just got my mum registered as my assistant and when I first contacted Ofsted they told me that it is currently taking around 12 weeks from first applying to getting approval for an assistant.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks for your replys
Well i've just found out my polish assistant is Pregnant So she's not going to be here for long ! Hopefully her pregnancy will go smoothly for her... So i've got to find another helper ??? I was speaking to a parent yesterday she was hoping to get a job as a teacher assistant but she couldn't find a job at the mo? So i mention i was looking for help she said she would help !!! She's had a crb last year when she was volunteering at the local school ! Would she need to have another crb done??? omg why is everything so hard !!! I've had 4 phone calls from people this week looking for places full time !!!
Also no phone call from ofsted about 4 variation for next week :angry:

You need to chase Ofsted as they have changed their system and it is all dealt with by one department out of Manchester.

I sent mine off 2 weeks ago and it was put in the system. Last thursday I started chasing as I needed a variation for yesterday and was promised a decision, at 12 I rang and asked to speak to someone as I needed it for 12.10.
Didn't hear anything all day but after calling again today I got what I needed.

Be persistent and don't be fobbed off by the help line.

gailee
11-09-2009, 10:04 AM
I've phone ofsted again to see if they have received my emails for variation for next week they've said yes they have it and its gone to the dept thats makes the desicion(sp) they said they will chase it up for me??? :rolleyes: And they have recieved my assistant forms too well i'll let you know how we get on?? Gail

gailee
14-09-2009, 09:55 AM
I've just phoned Ofsted again 14th sept and they've sais yes to 4 under5 no phone call tho! Don't know if its just any 4 under5 or its named ?? Have to wait for the postman to find out??? cert in the post yes thats a relief needed it tomorrow Thanks for ur advice about pestering them it worked lol :laughing:

Little Bear
12-10-2009, 05:17 PM
I rang Ofsted about a childminder working with me for a couple of months. Their reply was she needed to complete a EY2 form and our certificates would be altered, hers would state she could look after children at hers and my addresses.