PDA

View Full Version : quick questions re expenses........

jaja
08-09-2009, 08:36 AM
After some information for you all.....

How do you all put food expenses down on your expenditure book? I used to do it by reciepts but often forgot to write down what i had brought or couldnt rememebr the price so didnt bother :blush: anyway by reading some threads on here you guys dont always do this, so what is better? writing down via receipts or estimating that breakfast costs a 50p lunch £1.00 and tea £2.50 and snacks per day £1.......

What would you do? and either way repeipts.....

Any ideas would be helpful , thanks

jaja
09-09-2009, 10:08 AM
hey anyone around?

Me feel lonely:laughing:

singlewiththree
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
ahhh i'm here (((hugs)))

I estimate the costs I do £1 for snack and £2 for meals I find that works out easier for me. I have 3 children of my own so working out what mine have eaten and what everyone else has eaten was just too difficult. Plus its so easy to work out I just add up how much I've spent per child each week and bobs your uncle :) then I add on carpark/petrol any other expenses.

katickles
09-09-2009, 12:06 PM
I also worked out an estimated cost of snacks & meals. Found it much easier, if a meal doesn't come the the esitmated amount it evens itself out when others do :)

sarah707
09-09-2009, 05:49 PM
I estimate as well... every 3 months or so I re-check my figures using the shopping receipt :D

uf353432
09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I divide my food receipt by the number of mindee's plus my family member and then multiply by the number of mindee's. ALL my food is available to the children.

Before I do the math I subtract items for personal use before I divide the new total.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I divide my food receipt by the number of mindee's plus my family member and then multiply by the number of mindee's. ALL my food is available to the children.

Before I do the math I subtract items for personal use before I divide the new total.

me too.. more accurate and normally I claim more this way, include all children as they have snacks

uf353432
09-09-2009, 06:51 PM
me too.. more accurate and normally I claim more this way, include all children as they have snacks

I learnt from the Master Debbie :)

MissTinkerbell
09-09-2009, 06:53 PM

Same here, also do this on weeks don't have children as often buying stuff that I will use at a later date if stocking up, IYSWIM