PDA

View Full Version : Make sure you are covered by insurance

fun house
07-09-2009, 09:49 PM
I thought i would share this with you as some of you may be in the same situation one day. Today we had a leaking radiatior and it ruined a lot of the wood florring in our hallway. I phoned the insurance company and they started to sort it out said it will take two days for a plumber to get to us and said it may be a good idea to turn water off. I said i can not really do this as i have children and i child mind. The person then said you have not told us you are using the house as a business cancelled the plumber and told me it is has to go to the underwriters know.

It was a accident and we thought it was on there so may be worth checking your paperwork so you do not come up against this problem. We have since fixed the leak and just need to buy some wood to replace what was wet.

rickysmiths
07-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Than you for the warning and I am so sorry to hear of your plight. I have always made my insurers and my Mortgage company aware of the fact that I am childminding.

FussyElmo
08-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Than you for the warning and I am so sorry to hear of your plight. I have always made my insurers and my Mortgage company aware of the fact that I am childminding.

Me too the person who did our mortgage and insurance insisted on it. Said it wasn't worth it:)

grindal
08-09-2009, 07:10 AM
OOOhhhh - will add it to my ever growing list of people to phone when I get a few minutes peace!! Thanks for the tip

Mollymop
08-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Sorry to hear this has happened. I am with Churchill home insurance and they have in their terms that a registered childminder is not included when it comes to reporting a business on the premises. I best ring them to be sure nothing has changed, as I have been with them for 3 years now.

rickysmiths
08-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Sorry to hear this has happened. I am with Churchill home insurance and they have in their terms that a registered childminder is not included when it comes to reporting a business on the premises. I best ring them to be sure nothing has changed, as I have been with them for 3 years now.

I have been with Churchill for home insurance for years. I always make sure they include that my profession is Childminding on the paperwork so i know I am covered.

RedDragon
08-09-2009, 08:24 AM
I have been with Churchill for home insurance for years. I always make sure they include that my profession is Childminding on the paperwork so i know I am covered.

Same here-Churchill for me too - and it was only recent (2 months) that I went with them so they should still have the same rules/conditions for everyone else.

sarah707
08-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Very good advice, thank you for sharing Marie :D