PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed!

Sarahbelle
07-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I considering taking on a 7 year old boy for 1 hour before school, term time only.

I have only ever worked with the under fives so this is new territory for me. So, what do you do with a 7 year old boy for an hour before school?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but my boy is 13 now and for the life of me I can't think what he was into when he was 7.:blush:

julie w
07-09-2009, 08:33 PM
One hour will just fly by in the mornings. I usually let the children watch a bit of telly in the morning before school, have breakfast and maybe play with lego/duplo or something not messy.

Pipsqueak
07-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Ask him - see what he likes.
You are limited on time, so perhaps its a bit of tv, read a book etc. Minimal toys out so you aren't left with a ton of clearing up.
Talk to him!

pinklady
07-09-2009, 08:44 PM
My 8 year old is usually stuck to his DS or the TV in the morning. He quite often gets lego/drawing/reading out 2 minutes before I'm trying to get his backside out the door for school though :rolleyes:

I would just take it easy, most children are used to amusing themselves with something quiet in the morning.

Sarahbelle
07-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the advice. Parents are coming to see me on Weds evening. I am really nervous. Stupid I know. When it is parents with babies and toddlers I know what I am talking about. But a 7 year old............:panic:

Wish me luck.