PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE on nightmare parent

Adiamond
07-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi, I want to update you all on my situation with K's mum.... If you want to read the full thread the title is Grrrrrrrr parents (I don't know how to do links!!! :blush: )

Well on Friday mum never picked up K she sent her auntie 1/2 hour earlier than normal :eek:
mum text me later that night and asked if everything was ok and I told her that I am not doing the early mornings or long days anymore,I said they were too much for me and my family and K is constantly tired so cannot concentrate on anything for long and my hours of work are 8-6 Mon-Fri, she then said that what about if we drop to 1 day a week :mad: I said that I would still have to hold a full time place open for her and I am sure she wouldn't want to pay that much!!!!!!!
She then said what about if she gets someone to pick K up earlier :mad: I said no because it stills means the early mornings!!!!!
It got late so I just said see what you can sort out and text me over the weekend to let me know whats happening (I was having her today)

I never received any messages from her I text her yesterday and never got a reply so I thought I wouldn't be having her!!!
It was my birthday yesterday and did a bit too much celebrating LOL.

And guess who woke us all up at 6.30 this morning?:angry: I was soooo mad she rang me from outside and said "are you not having K today?"
I said that you never let me know and she said oh I assumed we were carrying on as normal until I got something sorted :eek:

I couldn't have made it any clearer to her that I am not doing the early mornings ANYMORE!!!!!

She has been ringing me but I can't face talking to her I feel so angry!!!
On the contract it does not state anywhere that I do 6.30am starts all I have written is "adhoc hours to be arranged weekly"

What shall I do now?????? x x x

The Juggler
07-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I would sit her down and say sorry about confusion (even though you were clear) and state very clearly the earliest time you would be prepared to start and the latest finish.

Then, see if she has someone who can collect and drop at that time. If not, then I would suggest to her that she collects or you will continue to have them temporarily until she finds another childminder (put a max no. of weeks on it though or it might go on).

Unless you specifically said at contracts signing that you wouldn't do a very early start she might have just expected it. However, meantime make sure you also tell her and charge the normal rate for working before 0800.

Good luckxx

It's a small world
07-09-2009, 01:13 PM
didn't want to read and run...hope you get things sorted..sounds like you have an awkward parent to say the least...hope things get better for you..

little chickee
07-09-2009, 01:13 PM
i would write out a new contract stating that you will have the child Mon - Fri 8-6 only no adhoc hours. When she comes to collect the child have her sign it immediatly - no going away to think about it, no saying "i've not got time to sign it now" do not let her go until she has signed it.

If she will not sign it i'm afraid you may have to tell her you are terminating the contract. hopefully this will shock her into realising that she cannot continue to treat you like this anymore.

little chickee
07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Failing that introduce a double time fee for all hours outside M-F 8-6. at least it will be more worth your while to get up at silly o'clock.

rickysmiths
07-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Is she your only mindee? As you have said on your contract that the hours are arranged weekly you have not written in a core of time and you have been doing the early starts I can see why the parents may have been a bit confused this morning. Do you not have to give 4 weeks written notice of any contract changes?

You are also asking for a massive change to go from 6.30am to 8am.

I would suggest a meeting with mum and dad to see if you can work things out but if not I would say with such a change of hours you may have to put it down to a steep learning curve and give notice.

Curly Quavers
07-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I can see how all this is making you angry however Friday afternoon for Monday morning was really not giving mum a lot of notice to try and sort something out. If I had been her then I would have probably said the same carry on till she has a chance to sort something out.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

x

jaja
07-09-2009, 05:36 PM
How is everything now?

I would catch her tonight with contract and explain that it take effect of 4 weeks (which i think is in the contract? please check first) then state that your opening hours are only 8am to 6pm and stick to it, explain clearly that if this doesnt help her childcare issues then should should find someon else to care for her child.

Bless you, all these problems, hope this gets better soon...... PM me if you want to chat xxx

FussyElmo
07-09-2009, 06:21 PM
You do need to talk to her and not while you are angry. Think you will have to give some sort of notice on the changing of contracted hours as even though you haven't put on the contract you will work from 6.30 you haven't put you won't neither and you have been working these hours.

Make sure you put in writing everything you wish to change so there is no confusion!

Hope you get everything sorted!