PDA

View Full Version : omg omg omg scraed --UPDATE

It's a small world
07-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Well she arrived about 2 mins after my last post.

Parent has just left now. It went ok (I think)

Her dd was v quiet - to b expected. but just before she left started playing with toys.

When they arrived showed parent my downstairs area and explained a litle about what toys I have outside (as all in garage)

Explained about going to various groups etc and let her look through my portfolio. I could see that she more ken about asking questions rather than looking and she said she was keen so I told her I had printed out the main points (fees/hours/policies/permission slip etc) and a business card so she can visit my website.

Then she advised that she was happy and would be probably be looking at 3 days a week but may need me a little longer . Told her thats fine (bummer forgot to mention after hours fees - but only gonna be half hour out of business hours do I just leave it at daily rate???)

Shes going to speak to her husband and hopefully come back at the weekend for him to see me. Then if all goes well start in 2 weeks.....:clapping:

However one downside....shes training to be a childminder...:( but as shes only just registered Im guessing 6 months before qualified and hopefully will have some more mindees by then....

I can relax now as Im totally shattered...got to get all planing/paperwork in order so ready if they go ahead..

Thanks for all your kind words. and support. What would I do about her hubby comiong.. explain the same as I did with mum .. and have contracts ready just in case ???
Kerrie x

Heaven Scent
07-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Thats brill, My first full time mum - 2 kiddies was doing the ICP course when she came to see me but she never bothered following it through she took a temp job which became permanent and is still doing it - I haven't looked after the kiddies since Dec but I did have 14 months work from her - she may not bother doing it especially if she enjoys this job.

Cheers and good luck with it all.

It's a small world
07-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Thats brill, My first full time mum - 2 kiddies was doing the ICP course when she came to see me but she never bothered following it through she took a temp job which became permanent and is still doing it - I haven't looked after the kiddies since Dec but I did have 14 months work from her - she may not bother doing it especially if she enjoys this job.

Cheers and good luck with it all.

She works in London (about 1.5 - 2hours from here) and doesn't like the travelling . but I just keep thinking it gives me chance to get established...

Playmate
07-09-2009, 01:05 PM
I took on one in January who's mum was training to be a CM, Its taken her along to get going and he's still here! Its definately worth you taking them on and keep looking for thenext one!

The Juggler
07-09-2009, 01:08 PM
also if she thinks the kids are really happy with you, she might be happier going to work or look for a job nearer home.

Good luckxx

Polly2
07-09-2009, 01:09 PM
glad it went well :clapping: I had new parents visiting today and was nervous too :blush:

Like others said definately take on child even if its not for long its all good experience

It's a small world
07-09-2009, 01:17 PM
glad it went well :clapping: I had new parents visiting today and was nervous too :blush:

Like others said definately take on child even if its not for long its all good experience

definitley going to take on if they need me . I need the money and experience too....

misst104
07-09-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm glad it went well hun :) Will keep fingers crossed that they sign up after dad has been to see you (if not before!!)

xxx jo

ORKSIE
07-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Glad it went well.
I got a Mum coming tomorrow with an 8 month old little boy.
Good luck hope it works out:)

Daddy Day Care
07-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Glad it went well, hope it goes equally as well at the weekend, and hope they sign on the dotted line.

Well done you :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Gareth
xx

It's a small world
07-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Glad it went well.
I got a Mum coming tomorrow with an 8 month old little boy.
Good luck hope it works out:)

Good luck for tomorrow..

More good news. A friend still wants me to have her lo (will be 9mths in Nov when I have him) Shes a midwife so not sure how that works with fees & hours as will be shifts 3 days a week but one week earlies one week lates ???

Also bumped into another childminder yday at swimming pool who said she thought I was full told her no and she thinks she might have someone as her self and her friend are full...Can't remember who said it but someone said children are like buses don't get any then all come at once... Also someone else said things would pick up when back at school. Tonight someone else has looked at my car advert - not sure if they were being nosey or not but she had a lo in a pram.

I never doubted any of your advice or words of wisdom and would like to thank you all for you patients during my whinging (sp) threads ..Hopefully I will be able to give up my hotel job just before xmas...so no shifts over the holidays..and be able to put my boys to bed more often.:jump for joy:

Keep ou updated as the events unfold...

Twinkles
07-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm so pleased it's working out for you :thumbsup:

Good luck with it all , it's so encouraging for those still waiting to hear success stories , well done.

Gizmo
07-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Sound promising fingers crossed for you :thumbsup: