PDA

View Full Version : how much?

Moominmomma
06-09-2009, 08:45 PM
how much do you charge for after school. My friend wants me to have her 3 for a few weeks after school. I wouldn't charge her at all as her kids are lovely and good friends with my kids. But she is insisting that i charge her, and as I've not had any after schooling yet don't know what to charge.

fun house
06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
hi i am going to be charging £5 an hour with a minimum of two hours. As you are going to have three children that might be a bit to much maybe £10 a hour. This is the first time i have done after school care and looked to see what others were charging and went with that.

little miss chatterbox
06-09-2009, 08:54 PM
I have a similar problem with a friend of mine! I usually charge a min of 3 hrs but I have told her I will only charge 2 hrs for her which is the time they are with me. I also round it down. For example I am £3 ph so two hrs would be £6 and for both children I only charge her £10pw and not £12

Also, I'm planning on not charging for taking them to school as it's only one morning a week and she takes my daughter if the weather is bad or if I have parents who are late dropping off!

Does that help?

Tam's Tribe
07-09-2009, 05:28 AM
While it is nice to help a friend out, it is still your business and you need to earn . . . I am a culprit of this too (learnt the hard way) . . . dont forget to work out your costs i.e. petrol if you are not walking and also are you feeding them coz it all adds up and before you know it you have earnt very little.

Good Luck!

p.s. if your friend takes your daughter to school sometimes then I would also take her daughter to school that one day for free as that is a 'FRIEND' arrangement and not a childminder one (hard to separate isnt it)

The Juggler
07-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I've always done .50p/hour more than my normal hourly rate.

little chickee
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I charge a flat fee of £12 per child for after school regardless of wheter its i hour or 3. For 2 siblings i would probably take a couple of pounds off. remember that after schoolies like their juice and snacks and your petrol costs.

Moominmomma
07-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks for all your help, I love this forum there is always someone here to help.:clapping: :clapping: :laughing: