PDA

View Full Version : advertising

emmadines
25-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Im putting together a lil poster so I can start advertising and was wondering if just my logo, phone number and vacancies avalible would be enough on there??

should I put anything else?

emma
xx

crazybones
26-02-2008, 07:12 AM
I have just put phone number on mine. Didnt bother with vacancies so hopefully just get them to ring first then discuss vacancies because I have some days with part vacancies and thought it might put some off. Did that make sense? Got sleep in my eyes and brain not awake yet.

Annie x

miffy
26-02-2008, 07:28 AM
I'd agree with annie - don't put anything on which might put people off calling you

Don't forget to mention you are ofsted registered

Miffy xx

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Good luck

Angel xx

Heaven Scent
26-02-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm not being funny now but why add ofsted registered - I've done it myself on my own advertisment but really it shouldn't be necessary it should go without saying these days as noone whould be practising withouot being ofsted registered and if someone is I'm sure they will be doing it all cloak and dagger like and wouldn't risk openly advertising. Just an observation.

Celine:eek:

sarah707
26-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm not being funny now but why add ofsted registered - I've done it myself on my own advertisment but really it shouldn't be necessary it should go without saying these days as noone whould be practising withouot being ofsted registered and if someone is I'm sure they will be doing it all cloak and dagger like and wouldn't risk openly advertising. Just an observation.

You'd be surprised at who is out there! It was only a couple of weeks ago the newspapers referred to someone as a 'child minder' who had hurt a child... and she was a woman who minded children, no Ofsted registration, insurance etc.

Plus it separates us from the nannies - I would like to make it clear there is nothing wrong with nannies, I have a lot of friends who nanny, but they do not have to be registered or follow the Ofsted standards, eyfs etc like us, so it makes us stand apart :D

deeb66
26-02-2008, 07:48 PM
My thoughts are much the same as Sarah's

I also push the fact that I am Ofsted Registered!

emmadines
26-02-2008, 07:57 PM
so if I put "registered childminder" under my logo that should be fine??

deeb66
26-02-2008, 07:59 PM
so if I put "registered childminder" under my logo that should be fine??

If that's what you prefer then it is ok

personally I always quote Ofsted so that there is no possibility for confusion!

miffy
26-02-2008, 08:43 PM

I would add it as I think it shows I am a professional and I do not agree with your comment that "no-one would be practising without being Ofsted registered"

Miffy xx

chelle
26-02-2008, 09:41 PM
i put registered and insured childminder then they know then.
chelle.:)

Heaven Scent
01-03-2008, 01:24 AM
I didn't say no one would be practising I said should and if they were they wouldn't be advertising the fact thats all. I just find a lot of talk about accreditatin by manatory bodies to be a waste of time I don't mind thing like investors in people or any quality insurance or other voluntary scheme that shows you are making an effort over and above the rest yes by all means don't hide you light under a bushel but things like Ofsed registered and fully insured - well if your not then you should be and parents should check that when they come to visit and I think that between vouchers and working tax credits etc then you would be on a loser if you tried to work without it because you can't use vouchers without the reg doc and parents can't claim credits without your number thats all I meant - I just feel its like stating the obvious I fell advertising is about setting yourself apart from the rest for whatever reason - showing what way you are different to the others in the area what you offer that they don't. It should be clear brief and not too cluttered with unnecessary information. As I say I've put up a poster in the local chippie I downloaded or bought from somewhere and it has ofsted registered , fully insured and NCMA member all of which I don't feel say anything about me as an individual just states that I'm doing the minimum I should be doing and whey Hey I have paid to become a member of a club that in some way could be of some indirect benefit to your child but is there chiefly for my bebefit. Do you understand what I mean. On my cards on the other hand I put Montessori trained - it doesn't make me any better but its something different to the others around me do you understand what I mean?

I've worked in Quality assurance in a haulage company but wouldn't say expearience of Quality Systems because its not the same thing at all as providing quality childcare. Am I making sense I'm not dismissing the importance of being ofsted registered or properly insured but if your area is flooded with childminders then you need to look for a different angle in a limited space that eye catching without too much information thats all.

I had no intention of causing offence.

Celine