PDA

View Full Version : whats the maximum children ratio with a assistant?

Ben10mad
06-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Im looking at increasing my numbers again but not to sure if they will allow me to.
At the moment i am able to care for 6 under 5 and 2 over 5 With an assistant, I would like to increase my numbers to 8 under 5 and keep the 2 over 5. What do you think the chances are?
I have been hearing alot about planning permission but im not sure where i stand with that.

any replys would be apprechiated
Thank

tammerisk
06-09-2009, 06:50 PM
i was told i could potentaliy double my numbers meaning 12 kids in all

then ofsted are quite flexable with under and over 5s so long as the numbers are no more than 6 kids for one childminder or 12 for childminder and assistant

but my insurence compony will not alow me to have mor ethan 10 children in total even if i had assistant and would only increase to 15 if i worked with another childminder i am with mm for my insurence not sure about NCMA

TheBTeam
06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
We were told the most you can have with a second registered childminder from the same premises is 6 under 5 and 6 5 to 8 year olds, so literally double you can have on your own, with an assistant rather than a second registered childminder we were told that there was no guarantee of any extra, so do not expect.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-09-2009, 07:41 PM
We were told the most you can have with a second registered childminder from the same premises is 6 under 5 and 6 5 to 8 year olds, so literally double you can have on your own, with an assistant rather than a second registered childminder we were told that there was no guarantee of any extra, so do not expect.

Me too.

Have you thought about what you would do it your assistant is sick?

candy cat
06-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi! think it also depends on floor space as friend can only have 6 with an assistant.....cx