PDA

View Full Version : what kind of a bag do you go out with?

newandlearning
06-09-2009, 06:04 PM
hi ya... sometimes I really missed walking around with all my stuff in a handbag.. like today :) :) .. so I've taken everything out of my baby nappy carrying bag and put it all in a hand bag.. I'm now in a quandary as .. I know the baby happy carrying thingy is more practical but my feminine girly side is screaming out for a handbag....

hence the question of what kind of a bag do you use?

I thought maybe a big handbag with a long strap could work.. less nappy carrying bag like yet still able to stretch over bar of pushchair :laughing: :laughing: ..xx

breezy
06-09-2009, 06:06 PM
A baby bag at the mo as I have two very young ones, but If I'm not going far i stash nappies wipes and basics into handbag!

mushpea
06-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I use a small rucksack and take out of the babys bag what i need for the day and put it in my bag , otherwise i end up carying two nappy changing bags around with me plus drinks bag, i find it easier to bung it all in my ruck sack and hang it on the buggy.

uf353432
06-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I use an oversized handbag for day trips - my hubby calls it my Mary Poppins bag as it has everything in it!

I just bought though an embroidered messenger bag for small outings which I can use for school runs, toddler groups etc. Trouble with really big bags is you are inclined to fill them up and they don't half get heavy.

Lincsminder
06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
A large black messenger bag if i'm out for the day with the pushchair or a rucksack if i'm using my sling. Then I have a much smaller canvans style bag with a shoulder strap that i use if im not too far from home or car so i can leave out spare clothes ect just taking small wipes, 1st aid kit and nappy.

flora
06-09-2009, 06:51 PM
I still use my skip hop changing bag.

Doesn't look too much like a nappy bag and hanny still need loads of junk carried around.

The only time I use my " grown up " handbag is if I go out on my own at night to governers meeting or similar. Would look a bit out of place there :blush:

marian
06-09-2009, 06:58 PM
I use a rucksack - a nice pink 'Ripcurl' one:)

Marian x

fionamal
06-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I use a black messenger bag which is big enough to take the firstaid stuff and my purse and phone etc and the double buggy has pockets in the back rest so i put a couple of nappies and wipes in there which is normally enough for a morning and it also has a bottle pouch so it holds the bottle/cups . If im away anylonger than a couple of ours then I take my printed Vistaprint bag with changes of clothes and food etc.

PixiePetal
06-09-2009, 07:59 PM
I use a backpack for nappies, drinks and all the kids stuff and have a Kipling bag ( well I have a few different sized ones:blush: ) across my body with money,phone,keys bus ticket etc in. I swap it for slightly bigger or smaller one depending on what I need to take, like a camera sometimes.

At groups then I can leave backpack on the buggy and carry my essentials with me.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I have a bag that I use all the time at the weekend and evenings.

During the week I grab one of the mindees bag and throw in my purse and camera and nappies from the other mindees and off we go.

sarah707
06-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I have a biggish one with a long strap so it goes over the buggy handles.

It has lots of pockets for nappies, wipes, change mat, tissues, camera, first aid kit, emergency information sheets...

Oh and somewhere in there I usually find my purse and keys :rolleyes: :D

sweets
06-09-2009, 08:32 PM
i have been desparatley looking for a work bag for months! but can't find what i want. i don't want a 'baby' bag.

I don't like carrying a bag, especcially if you have 2 hands to hold.

what i have got in mind is a brown leather rucksack, but can i find one anywhere? NO!

it needs to have a few pockets in and be big enough to hold nappies, spare clothes, drinks etc but not huge!

if anyone has one to sell or sees one anywhere please let me know.:)

Twinkles
06-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I have a biggish one with a long strap so it goes over the buggy handles.

It has lots of pockets for nappies, wipes, change mat, tissues, camera, first aid kit, emergency information sheets...
Oh and somewhere in there I usually find my purse and keys :rolleyes: :D

I have all of the above in a rucksack ( a pink one of course :D )

Oh and in the school holidays I have that plus a huge ikea shopping bag which contains changes of clothes ( for six ) rain coats, fleeces , sunhats , suncream ,picnics ,travel potty, ball for dog and picnic blanket.

Oh and a plastic wine carrier for the water bottles :thumbsup:

Sometimes I take a buggy just to carry the 'cargo' :laughing:

christine e
06-09-2009, 09:17 PM
A very BIG bag!

Cx

Pauline
06-09-2009, 09:23 PM
what kind of a bag do you go out with?
That's no way to describe my friends! :eek:

christine e
06-09-2009, 09:27 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cx

helenlc
06-09-2009, 10:40 PM
I use a backpack for nappies, drinks and all the kids stuff and have a Kipling bag ( well I have a few different sized ones:blush: ) across my body with money,phone,keys bus ticket etc in. I swap it for slightly bigger or smaller one depending on what I need to take, like a camera sometimes.

At groups then I can leave backpack on the buggy and carry my essentials with me.

This is what I do (and I mean literally as I have a Kipling bag too!!:laughing: :laughing: )

I have a draw string bag that has wipes, nappies, first aid kit, change of clothes etc. Then my handbag which has the long handle that I wear over my body for safe keeping.

If we are just popping out and are going to be quick, I shove a nappy and wipes in my handbag and go.

bibi571
07-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Well unless i've got a baby with me, i don't do bags - as every time i take one out with me i leave it where ever i'm at. I'm too busy making sure i've got all my mindees with me that i forget the bag.

The last time i left the bag with £1200 fees in it on the way to the bank! Luckily it was at childminding group and someone handed it in. It would have been an expensive trip.

So for me i just put my keys in my pocket and keep the first aid kit in the car, just inside the venue. Just not got at this girly lark! Unless it's the weekend, and i'm a wee bit better, but only just. :blush:

Barbara :littleangel:

buildingblocks
08-09-2009, 01:13 PM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: