PDA

View Full Version : how long to write the sef

v 1461
06-09-2009, 05:03 PM
hello,

I finished writting my sef last week and submitted it a few days ago.
There was a question at the end of the submitted form asking "how long did it take you to write your sef??"
0-1 hour
1-2 hour
2-4 hours
more than 4 hours

Sorry but it took me 3 months, and I was on it most evening.
Am I that slow??
are we supposed to spend only 4 hours on it?

I know the new one is out now but at least I have done one. Can I leave it for another year before I fill the new one?????

thank you

sweets
06-09-2009, 05:32 PM
i haven't done mine yet but was told not to submit until a few months before your inspection is due!

sarah707
06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Mine took weeks and weeks and weeks as well!

I think they are being a bit silly in their question tbh. :rolleyes:

You can leave yours as it is and change it to the new format when it's next due to be updated.

PLEASE make sure you have backed up a copy on your computer!!

I am hearing stories of people losing their old versions as the Ofsted system is being updated...

I do not know if it is down to Ofsted or the childminder but your SEF is too precious to leave to chance! :D

fun house
06-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Mine is taking ages last week i did some each evening and still not half way through i am taking a break from it and going to go back to it soon.

watgem
07-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I still haven't completed mine basically because I'm just not sure how much to write! One of my friends manages a preschool and says hers is like "War and Peace" its so thick-I don't want to waffle but I don't want to forget to include anything either. I am having to do a paper copy also because I can't access the one online at Ofsted and I just can't fit everything I want to say in their little boxes so have resorted to writing it on separate headed sheets. Any suggestions of how much to write eg a page on each section etc would be gratefully recieved!:panic:

Alibali
07-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Mine took months too!

sarah707
07-09-2009, 06:44 PM
I still haven't completed mine basically because I'm just not sure how much to write! One of my friends manages a preschool and says hers is like "War and Peace" its so thick-I don't want to waffle but I don't want to forget to include anything either. I am having to do a paper copy also because I can't access the one online at Ofsted and I just can't fit everything I want to say in their little boxes so have resorted to writing it on separate headed sheets. Any suggestions of how much to write eg a page on each section etc would be gratefully recieved!:panic:

Just write as much as you need to say in bullet points rather than an essay.

That way you can come back to each section and add things when you think about them.

There is no right or wrong answer... :D

watgem
07-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I like bullet ponts-thanks Sarah!:)

rainbowmummy
07-09-2009, 06:54 PM
mine took... forever!!

hours and hours for weeks and weeks and even now I am not happy with it so keep going back to add a bit more!

Stanfield
07-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Well, I havn't done mine yet. Because I have no mindees:( , does this mean I can wait untill I get some, or should I be doing it anyway?
Have had a quick look and not looking forward to it by any means!:panic:

sarah707
08-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Well, I havn't done mine yet. Because I have no mindees:( , does this mean I can wait untill I get some, or should I be doing it anyway?
Have had a quick look and not looking forward to it by any means!:panic:

There are lots of sections you can fill in without mindees...

In others just say what you would / intend to do and change it when you start working.

At least you can be putting a few ideas in ready :D

grindal
08-09-2009, 06:56 AM
I have to admit, I refused to answer the feedback form when i finally completed my SEF. I could not believe the audacity of asking me to complete yet another form about having completed the longest form I have ever completed in my life :angry:

v 1461
08-09-2009, 11:26 AM
thank you.
I am please to know it took most of you a few weeks/month as well...........

Chatterbox Childcare
08-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Took me 10 hours but the next one will be 10 mins.