PDA

View Full Version : no idea what to charge

hayleychildcare
06-09-2009, 03:41 PM
I have had parents enquiring about a space for there 6 months old baby.:)

Thing is it will be different days every week I.E.

week 1 Wed, Thur Fri
Week 2 Tues Wed
week 3 Thur Fri

But as this will take up my only space for a under 1 i dont know what to charge. My normal rate is £3.50 per hour should i charge a retainer for the remaining days (£10 maybe) per day. The days i have her will be £23

Pllease help as i dont know what to do:panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
06-09-2009, 03:47 PM
I would charge £25 per day for 3 days a week for all 3 weeks. That way you can pick up something else for the other two.

rickysmiths
06-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I would do similar to Debbie and charge for three days for each of the 3 weeks. You don't say how many hours a day but my hourly fee is a bit higher for under 20 hrs a week than over 20hrs.

venus89
06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
At the very least I would charge three full days and one retainer. You can't hope to fill in the spaces she's not using so you need to make this work financially. I have one who comes to me Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and - very occasionally - Thursday. When Mum came to sign the contract she suggested paying a half fee retainer for this Thursday so it's always free for her little one if she uses that day instead of one of the others. If she uses all four days she pays me for all four.

A nursery would surely charge your Mum for all four days? So you can too