PDA

View Full Version : When can I start minding?

LesleyB
06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi

I've had my inspection which went really well and I'm now just waiting for my CRB checks. Just wondering if I can start working as soon as I receive my Registration Certificate? I obviously can't send off for my NCMA start pack until I receive my certificate so I wasn't sure if I have to receive my pack before I can start.

Many thanks for your help

Lesley

rickysmiths
06-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi there welcome to the forum.

You should be able to send for your NCMA pack now, you will need the contracts etc ready to start work. I have just become a support childminder and asked the question of my do on Friday! She said that cms here could apply for them as soon as they have finished their training so I would get in touch with your do or early years team.

As far a starting work you need your Ofsted Cert and your public liability insurance in place and off you go oh and make sure you have class one business insurance cover on your car before you take out any mindees.
Phone your insurers and it should be done at no extra charge.

You should also inform your household insurers that you have become a cm. You may find they will not cover you for accidental damage done as a result of your work. However in 15yrs of minding (keeping fingers crossed!) I have never been in a position in which I would have needed to claim anyway.

You should also inform your mortgage company that you have become a cm or seek the permission of your landlord if you rent. You will probably need the written consent of your Freeholder if you are in a Leasehold flat or house. You will need to have a careful look at your lease to see what it says about working.

Good luck.

LesleyB
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks very much for help.

Lesley

bongywongy
08-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Hi there

Rickysmiths is right although it does depend on your local authority wherther they include the NCMA pack as part of your atart up package. It is definitely worth getting now so that you will be familiar with all the forms and contracts before you start.

funtoplay
08-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi Have you rung Ofsted yet to see where they are with things. They were quite good when I was registering!

J