PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think Of This?

helenlc
06-09-2009, 08:24 AM
I want a toy kitchen for my conservatory but nothing too big. I have a Little Tikes Country Kitchen in the playhouse which is massive! So I want to leave that up there. Although I could just bring it down periodically for a week or two at a time.

But I have found this one which all folds away:

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/millhouse/product/personalised_roll_unfold_wooden_toy_kitchen?aw=719 59

But having looked at it again, obviously due to the folding away bit of it, there is nothing behind the doors of the cooker and washing machine. It literally is just the door. If I place the kitchen against the wall, then there will be the wall behind it. But do you not think the kids might be a bit disappointed at not being able to sit things on a shelf in the oven or get a bit confused as to where the rest of it is?

The 2 I currrently mind are 15 months and 2 YO. Both loves the pots and pans and play food etc.

Just wondered what people thought of the fold away one and whether its worth getting.

LittleAcorns
06-09-2009, 08:36 AM
I really love wooden toys, it looks lovely!

not sure about the price, it seems quite expensive, is that because its personalised? perhaps Im just being tight :laughing:

sweets
06-09-2009, 08:45 AM
i love wooden toys too. it does seem a bit strange that theres nothing inside it tho! ive just got rid of my big kitchen and bought a ELC sizzling kitchen, its lovely, small and fits all the foodetc inside. its not as strong as i'd thought it would be so don't know how long it will last, but its only £30 so if it last a couple of years i'll be happy. my 2yr old mindee plays with it fine.

The Juggler
06-09-2009, 09:44 AM
i love wooden toys too. it does seem a bit strange that theres nothing inside it tho! ive just got rid of my big kitchen and bought a ELC sizzling kitchen, its lovely, small and fits all the foodetc inside. its not as strong as i'd thought it would be so don't know how long it will last, but its only £30 so if it last a couple of years i'll be happy. my 2yr old mindee plays with it fine.

it's lovely, I would like one if I could afford it. I have the ELC sizzling kitchen too and it's just the right size and has two sides so can accommodate 2 children playing easily together. The wooden ones do look so lovely though. I have to say for £30 it was the best money spent (that and the sandpit!)

helenlc
06-09-2009, 10:04 AM
The other one I like is this one:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70129801

It was at our local store and the actual hob rings light up red!! You can get the optional top bit too. It was quite small so wouldnt take up much room but is still big enough for 2 kids to play with.

And at least they can actually put stuff in it!

miffy
06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I like the foldaway one but it's too much money for what it is.

I looked at the ikea one last time I was in there and really liked it.

Miffy xx

Twinkle
06-09-2009, 10:46 AM
The wooden one looks lovely but, apart from creating great hiding places for the kids, there's nowhere to store anything.

The Ikea one looks great, and so does the swing, the rocker, the cushions . . . :panic:

You lot are such a bad influence!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lovemyprams
06-09-2009, 11:07 AM
I am new to the forum so go easy on me!
I love the Ikea one too and have tried it out!. Will buy that one when my Little Tikes one has fallen apart. Little Tikes are brilliant by the way and are very strong and sturdy. The children love it. Might be a while yet until I need to replace it.

CherryBlossom
06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
it's lovely, I would like one if I could afford it. I have the ELC sizzling kitchen too and it's just the right size and has two sides so can accommodate 2 children playing easily together. The wooden ones do look so lovely though. I have to say for £30 it was the best money spent (that and the sandpit!)

Did you buy this recently, as when I looked on the ELC website the Sizzling kitchen was £60. The mini sizzling kitchen was £30 though?

I have just bought a play kitchen from Littlewoods, it was cheap too.
It may not last for a long time, but I couldn't resist because it was so cute!
Loads of bits with it as well..I want to play with it myself lol.

P.s The Ikea kitchen looks great too, and I like the attachment that goes on top-good old Ikea!

x

The Juggler
06-09-2009, 11:39 AM
ooh , no it was 4 years ago. That' gone up lots then. They were always offering a free set of pots, pans and food with it worth £30 so maybe they are just charging for the "free" pan set in the price now?

Monkey1
06-09-2009, 12:06 PM
They have a similar one at toddlers, but the kids spend half the time climbing through it etc! Ikea one is nice.....Vertbaudet do some nice wooden ones.

jaja
06-09-2009, 12:30 PM
i have the wooden kitchen from elc and love it, my kids play all day with the kitchen , lots of spaces to put food and you can buy lots of pots and pans, food ect all wooden to match, its fantastic and not too big...

balloon
06-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I like them both.

I think the first one would be just as good as it encourages use of imagination - ie it doesn't just hand them everything on a plate (pardon the pun!)

I think it could also offer more play ideas, eg a den, a space ship (peering through the washer hole from the reverse) nad anything else a child could think of.

I have the ELC plastic kitchen, its a kitchen, just a kitchen and cannot easily be adapted for anything else... My mindee also snapped one of the doors off by repeatedly putting it down to stand on to reach the higher bit, thankfully he wasn't hurt but the kitchen was and is now slung up in the loft...

Alibali
06-09-2009, 01:37 PM
I prefer the ikea one personally, especially for the ages of your lo when imaginative play is still a bit limited:thumbsup:

fionamal
06-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I almost bought the Ikea one, its fab but hubby told me to behave :blush:

CherryBlossom
06-09-2009, 04:15 PM
ooh , no it was 4 years ago. That' gone up lots then. They were always offering a free set of pots, pans and food with it worth £30 so maybe they are just charging for the "free" pan set in the price now?

Maybe, shame is has gone up lol!
Well, I have my dream kitchen now anyway..I am cooking a roast chicken at the moment actually lol.
(of course not really in the toy kitchen, i am just being silly)

The mini one for £30 is tiny..sort of a desktop type thing.
So it seems 4 years ago you got alot more for your money.

x

venus89
06-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I agree - it is lovely but pretty pricey. The Ikea one is great - I'd like that.

Bluemoon has a point though - the foldaway one does offer a lot of possibilities beyond cooking.

MissTinkerbell
06-09-2009, 04:43 PM
i have the wooden kitchen from elc and love it, my kids play all day with the kitchen , lots of spaces to put food and you can buy lots of pots and pans, food ect all wooden to match, its fantastic and not too big...

We have this one too...

Lainey Lou
06-09-2009, 05:16 PM
I love the ELC sizzling kitchen that someone has already mentioned. Its really chunky and sturdy and looks fab. Its £60 but well worth it as the kids play hours with it. x

miffy
06-09-2009, 05:21 PM
My mindee also snapped one of the doors off by repeatedly putting it down to stand on to reach the higher bit, thankfully he wasn't hurt but the kitchen was and is now slung up in the loft...

Same thing happened to mine so it's now minus the doors but the children still get lots of play out of it.

Miffy xx

sweets
06-09-2009, 05:50 PM
its the mini sizzling kitchen that ive got. it does the job and i have very limited storage space.:)

fiona
06-09-2009, 06:49 PM
hello, i love the Ikea one, but them i prefer wooden toy kitchens, they are not as easy to clean as good old Little Tikes, i got mine form Early Years Resources! lovely wooden 3 set.

marian
06-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I have just bought the Ikea kitchen :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Marian x

helenlc
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Think I might get this one at the end of the month.:thumbsup:

I think my mindees are a bit young to get potentially more imaginitive play out of the foldaway one whereas with the Ikea one they can put things in and out etc - which I have a feeling they will do lots of!!!:laughing:

pinklady
07-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I have this one

http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Star-Kitchen/dp/B00004U06T

You can buy them in the uk and there are always lots on ebay. It's quite narrow and loads of places to stash the play food etc when it's tidy up time.

Heaven Scent
07-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I have this one

http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Star-Kitchen/dp/B00004U06T

You can buy them in the uk and there are always lots on ebay. It's quite narrow and loads of places to stash the play food etc when it's tidy up time.

My friend gave me that one when my daughter was 2 - she is 12 now and its been in the Wendy house since she was 3 - her daughter had had it before that and its still as good as new - all the mindees love it too.

I have to say though I do prefer wooden toys to plastic but I don't think a wooden one would have stood up to all that this one has.