PDA

View Full Version : ive had to terminate a contract

hayleychildcare
06-09-2009, 06:56 AM
and now i feel really guilty:(
The Lo was 4 years old and i was meant to have him Thursday and Friday all through the hols and them school runs.

But so far out of a contracted 21 days i only had him 10 days and out of them 10 days he was only with me 3 days for the correct contracted hours.:censored:

So ive told mum that she isnt sticking to the contract therefore i have no alternative to terminate contract. :mad: She didnt take it well :angry:

Thing is i have to face her ever day at school. I know ive done the right thing but still i feel guilty. :angry:

Im sick of been taking for a mug and im gonna get strick with parents now :thumbsup:

balloon
06-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Just wondering...

Did mum still pay you for the days she didn't use? If not did you ask her for the money or explain she has to pay for the place whether she uses it or not?

Did you chat with her about how unhappy her not sticking to contracted hours was making you feel? Maybe she had no idea that it wasn't ok to just use you as a drop in facility?

hayleychildcare
06-09-2009, 07:13 AM
No she didnt pay for days she didnt use. Stupid me :censored: didnt fill that bit of contract in:censored: as i filled it in in a rush:censored: and she took full advantage:censored: she also still claimed tax credits for him being at my house:censored: when her new boyfriend had him:censored:

Chatterbox Childcare
06-09-2009, 07:53 AM
I wouldn't have given notice but called mum back in for a chat. Explained that you cannot hold an under 8 space adhoc and say that she will have to pay for all the days contracted. If she disagreed then I would have terminated.

Always talk to the parents first, after all they are only human and you did complete the contract to allow her to do what she has.

Put it down to a learning curve.

hayleychildcare
06-09-2009, 07:59 AM
I did speak to her about it a few weeks ago and she just said boyfriend could have him and he was free. I explained that we had a contract and she was obliged to stick to it but she just kind of humped and left for work.
So ive sat this morning and filled that one little bit of the contract in on all my spare contracts so i wont foget it again.

I have put it down to a stupid mistake on my part and i wont be doing it again.

Im just so mad with both myself and her, me for being stupid and her for taking the mick.

manjay
06-09-2009, 08:04 AM
I think you can usually tell the difference between parents who are taking the mick and ones that genuinely don't realise. I have to confess to being in the latter catergory in the past. My minder was way too soft and I never really had it explained to me so I was none the wiser:rolleyes: If you have already brought it up with the parent then I think you have done the right thing and as you say you have learnt for next time.

helenlc
06-09-2009, 08:14 AM
I think as you had already pointed it out to Mum, then you have done the right thing. If she wasnt paying you for the hours she was contracted but not using, then you cant afford not to have that space available for someone else.

As you say, just put it down to a learning curve and know for next time.

I wouldnt feel too guilty - she obviously didnt feel guilty about signing you up and then not using you as much as she said.

balloon
06-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Well, if you tried chatting with the parent already then you weren't left with much of a choice.

I probably would have put it in writing so you had proof you had discussed the matter with the parent but it's a bit late for that now, lol!

Thing is i have to face her ever day at school. I know ive done the right thing but still i feel guilty.

Will you not see Mum whilst you work your notice period?

LittleAcorns
06-09-2009, 09:22 AM
I have to confess to being in the latter catergory in the past. My minder was way too soft and I never really had it explained to me so I was none the wiser:rolleyes:

I was the same! and to be honest because I worked 9 til 1 my cm used to take Amber to nursery, so looked after her from 730 - 9 then 1145 - 130 I admittedly found it very difficult financially paying the retainer while she was in nursery

Now Im minding myself I do get it X