PDA

View Full Version : folder

gegele
05-09-2009, 10:40 PM
I've been trying to organize my papers today...not an easy task. for my policies, portfolio I will follow Sarah's advice.

but fthe children folder....:panic:
for the 8 months old one I have the all about me bit then permission form, collection form and emergency treatment permission then next steps and planning then assessement (divided by cll, kuw....) some art work.
is that all i need?

what about before and after school? afetr the all about me bit and permission form what do i put?? I'll put some of her work during the holiday and i'm thinking of making her help planning some of the holiday activities and keep a holiday diary.

where do you keep the contract? at the back of the folder or totally seperated?

I have a folder with visitor book and a section per child with their own attendance sheet. plus sleeping baby time check. just thought it would make sense in case of fire/evacuation to have everyone in same place.

oh it's making my brain ache!!!1:(

tammerisk
06-09-2009, 08:06 AM
i have all my contracts and permition forms in a locked file cabinet as per EYFS as these are confidentail info

the learning journal havs acopy of obs permition form and photo consent from and all other stuff like art work and obs in it on a shelf behind my telly so parents can acsses it along with my porfolio and other stuff

the o lder children i have have a scrap book we do to show what they do and that is with the learning journals

but i would keep contracts in locked cabenit

Chatterbox Childcare
06-09-2009, 08:10 AM
I have one file with all contracts, permission letters and information sheets as this is my information only.

In each child's file I have six sections for the EYFS, Observations, Activities, Parents, Other Settings.

The EYFS shows where the child is at time of starting and how they are progressing, observations is what I have done with next steps etc, activities is any artwork of photo's that I want to show of outings etc, Parents is feedback and any comments and other settings has any correspondance being letter from me to them about working together with reply, newsletters and any comments made that I need to record.