PDA

View Full Version : Happy days

hello kitty
25-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi, I've just done my invoices for March and guess what? It's a 5 week month. I love it and with school holidays thrown in too.

Do your wages go up or down in the school holidays? Do you have more or less children? Are the school holidays a blessing or pain?

Sarah :)

sarah707
25-02-2008, 10:15 PM
My wages go down in the holidays :(

But I get to spend quality time with my children :D

Tatia
26-02-2008, 08:17 AM
My wages go up by about £200 but my work load and hassle goes down (cos the pain in the bum kids are term time only, hehe)! Makes me not want to to ever take hols for myself except during term time. :rolleyes:

Polly2
26-02-2008, 08:42 AM
My wages are about the same because I have mostly little ones.

I am much busier though with my 4 off school, it's pretty hectic :eek:

ruby
26-02-2008, 09:41 AM
our wages go up but as tatia says the work load and hassle goes up
but we are lucky there are two of us so ones entertains the younger ones and one the older ones

Pipsqueak
26-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Depends what week we are on as to how many hours (parents are on a 3week rota) and not to mention I took 2 days of this holiday period, so the cash flow is a bit down at the moment.

Kelly
26-02-2008, 01:22 PM
My wages go up, but unfortunately so does my blood pressure!!!! I have my school age children in and my own children at home. It takes alot of planning, visits to the zoo, park, museums and anything else I can think of just to stay out of the house ......:joker:

LittleMissSparkles
26-02-2008, 01:27 PM
mine tend to go down quite a bit as all my schollers are term time only but still have my LO's in school hols as usual :( be nice to have a few older ones in the school hols to keep me sane in the day though !!!

Am dreading 6 weeks summer hols willbe hugeloss income wise unless get some other booking for it xxx

deeb66
26-02-2008, 02:00 PM
School holidays make no difference to me what so ever.

All it means is that I don't have to get Jack out of bed and chase him out the door in the morning (He takes himself to school on his bike)

i don't look after school age children mine mindees are all under 5

Heaven Scent
26-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Up until now mine has gone up because I have l little one p/t in school hols only. But for easter she won't be coming and I'm taking a week off so now funds in that week so will be skint this month also. Never mind 2 new children starting in April but only asked for £25.00 retainer fee per child because know mum is tight and she is still paying other childminder. - be prepared for some moaning and letting off of steam with this mum. Couldn't risk turning her away because I may be losing my two full timers in June and these two fit in just perfectly with the vacancies I have left at the moment and it will also make sure that it is not the end of the world if full timers leave. One is at school and the other is partly with me and partly at nursery.

Celine.:clapping: :clapping:

HilaryT
26-02-2008, 05:57 PM
My wages go up (my term-time children still pay through the holidays anyway)because I have quite a number of "holiday only" children, whose parents only need cover in the school holidays. We do loads of arts and crafts programmes (jewellery, glass art, photography, painting, cookery, etc.) and if the weather's good enough, live out in the garden. I do a special "Value Day Rate" for school children in the holidays, regardless of hours attended, which parents are really attracted to.

Hilary

wendywu
26-02-2008, 10:47 PM
My wages go up up up:clapping: because 3 after schoolers come full time. But i must be mad because i am going away for the Easter hols so i wont get paid at all:(