PDA

View Full Version : Childminders and Tax Credit

deb24
25-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Are childminders entitled to working tax credit?

Banana
25-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Dont think so :(

Not sure

x

Rach30
25-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Depends what you mean . I get working tax credit to top up my income cos its low , but not entitled to the childcare element cos obviously i am the carer. Hope that helps :)

Monkey1
25-02-2008, 09:28 PM
As i am led to believe 'working tax credit' goes on the hours you work. I think the best bet would be to call the helpline and ask.

Noodles
25-02-2008, 10:04 PM
You are entitled to working tax credit if your income is very low and child tax credit (but not the childcare element):)

sarah707
25-02-2008, 10:16 PM
I get Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, both for low income :D

wendywu
27-02-2008, 11:15 PM
So the answer is for a childminder to pay another childminder to have her child, claim the childcare element of working tax credit, and so free up anoth:clapping: er space in her own setting TA DA. Quick lets all swap our own children, hands up who wants a 19 and 15 year old.:laughing:

Tily Bud
28-02-2008, 07:47 AM
So the answer is for a childminder to pay another childminder to have her child, claim the childcare element of working tax credit, and so free up anoth:clapping: er space in her own setting TA DA. Quick lets all swap our own children, hands up who wants a 19 and 15 year old.:laughing:

Not me !!

myself and Hazel have joked about doing this a few times in the past x

abella
28-02-2008, 07:51 AM
yes you can get working tax credit and you can also get childcare tax credit but only if your children attend alternative childcare mine go to kids clubs in the summer to give them a break from the minded children i use the days im not doing anthing exciting and send them then they love it and i get it paid for well most of it but it doesnt free up a space as im still responsable for them if they are ill.

miffy
28-02-2008, 08:01 AM

No thanks - not sure you'll get many takers

Made me laugh though

Miffy xx

sarah707
28-02-2008, 08:05 AM
you can also get childcare tax credit but only if your children attend alternative childcare.

I think that might be something different again... I get WTC for being low income, CTC for being low income and having 2 children... Disability Element of CTC for having a son registered disabled...

There is also something else... the Childcare Element of Tax Credits, which is the extra money to pay back childcare expenses... this is what parents claim to pay for us and it's usually a max of 75% of the cost, depending on joint earnings. :D

wendywu
28-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Oh well it was just an idea;) I did not realise that there are so many elements to the tax credits though.

ajs
28-02-2008, 11:04 PM
so deb in answer to the question are childminders entitled to working tax credit

the answer is yes but not neccessarily the childcare element of it

i was claiming both tax credits working and family when david was unemplyed but as he's working again now i grudgingly called them to declare his earnings (it was v painful though as sam gets full education allowance through it and may not be entitiled next year)