PDA

View Full Version : daft question, eyfs for your own?

jaja
05-09-2009, 06:21 PM
:blush: this may be a really daft question :blush: :blush: do you have to do eyfs for your own little ones? my dd is 4 and just started full time school....

Ta xxxx

Trouble
05-09-2009, 06:23 PM
no question is silly or daft:D

you could i suppose would do any harm and your doing it for others anyway:idea:

Chatterbox Childcare
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
No you do not have to and at this age I wouldn't bother as the school are doing it.

elainerut
05-09-2009, 08:34 PM
but what if ur own child is 20 months :blush:

jaja
05-09-2009, 08:42 PM
i know its bit confusing, cause if i have to do it for my mindee whos same age a dd then am i suppost to do dd? what would ofsted say if i dont do dd but do mindee, or are they only bothered of your being paid for childcare?
am soooo confused xxx

loocyloo
05-09-2009, 09:17 PM
i do it for my DD. i decided that if i spending that much time and effort on everyone else, i would do it for her as well!

her nursery did it, and when i read theirs, it was similar to mine in what they said/noted!

she starts school next week, and so i won't do any formal observations, but will carry on with photos etc for another year!

i also find it useful that i have one that isn't 'confidential', so i am happy to show it to potential parents!

claires
05-09-2009, 10:04 PM
You don't have to do it for your own children. At my last inspection the inspector wasn't the least bit interested in what I did with my own 2and a half year old son! Although I have got a photo album/ memory book for him.
Claire xx