PDA

View Full Version : How Many Photos?

helenlc
05-09-2009, 06:11 PM
How many photos do you all take?

I have been getting rather snap happy with my camera with my 2 mindees that started end of July. I feel like I should capture everything and so I end up taking loads of photos. Some I can relate to observations but again, I only need one to put in and not 20 showing them doing the same thing!:blush:

I would say over the last few months I have taken more photos of my mindees than my own children, which makes me feel bad!

Should I just take a picture of them doing something and leave it as just a couple? For example, the other day both LOs did painting, so I took photos. I ended up with about 20 photos - and there was only 2 of them painting! :laughing:

I get them printed off at Boots or Asda for example, use a few to go with obs, put some in Portfolio, their learning jounals etc but then I am left with loads of prints!:blush: Again, should I just print off what I need and store the rest on a cd?

Thanks

jaja
05-09-2009, 06:24 PM
you could email them to the parent, or print for the parent as a photo album for when they eventually leave... Just a few ideas...

I take loads too and end up emailing them to the families, saves ink...:)

Trouble
05-09-2009, 06:27 PM
i take loads when i remember my camera

save them all onto a disc and give them to the pareants for xmas pressy:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Blackhorse
05-09-2009, 06:38 PM
I tend to take loads of pictures...I have over 2000 of my dd (19months old)..but then I need to constantly upload pics of her for my mum so she can see her as she lives in another country..so that means even more pics

...and 60 from my first week minding.

I wont show them all to the care commission etc..but I feel if I take a few there will be some really nice ones that you can print/ show etc...
and with digital it is easier to just take tons of pics and save them onto a disc...
when I still had my other camera I always was conscious of how many pics I took as I had to get them developed...but nowadays I just take as many pics as I want..which generally is a lot.
then I sort throught them and choose the best to be shown....or used for parents...CC etc

Chatterbox Childcare
05-09-2009, 07:20 PM
I probably take 40 each month and them delete the ones I do not want. I have a file for each child on the computer and put a copy of each one that the child is in within their file. The disc is given to the parent in their xmas card.

I also have one for me with all of the photo's in to use for EYFS obs and assess but I do not print any off now.

mushpea
05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
too many!!
i also take more of the mindees than my own kids for which i have serious guilt trips but then part of our job and the eyfs is to take picys.
i email the parents their photos , i then get some printed through snapfish to put in their folders, my photo album which the prospective parents view and to put on my wall.

helenlc
05-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Thank you for your replies/

The beauty of digital ones is that I can upload them all and then delete the ones I do not want.

I am going to do a CD of photos at Xmas for the parents.

Will sort them out and keep the ones I want to print off and keep and delete the rest.

bibi571
05-09-2009, 11:43 PM
I only print out a few and put lots of the other ones onto a SD card and a digital frame in the playroom that the children can see of themselfs when they are playing. They love seeing themselves doing things in the past it saves money on printing!

Barbara x :littleangel:

peanuts
06-09-2009, 06:20 AM
i normally e-mail pictures to the parents rather than print them of. Every so often i put all the photos on a slideshow for the parents when they come to pick kids up.

The Juggler
06-09-2009, 07:50 AM
too many!!!!!!!! DH goes mad sometimes!

Every quarter I do a couple of pages of good shots. Caption the photos under areas of learning (about 4 x A4 pages). These go in learning journey. I always tell parents I will put the photos on memory stick if they want all of them.

Occasionally I print off for the kids. i.e. on lo got really into the monkeys we saw at the zoo so I printed off a little booklet for her of her in the monkey enclosure.

buildingblocks
06-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Thankfully the digital camera was invented for people like me lol. I have always been snap happy and would take tons of photos and then get two sets taken. Since my digital camera I can snap away to my hearts content. I save all photos to disk and the child's disk stays in the Learning Journey so parents can take any off when thy have the file at home. Once the disk is full the parents keep the disk (I have copies on a disk for me) Every so often I save 50 to a disk and have them printed off as it is cheaper than me printing off at home to use around the setting on the walls.

Lady Haha
06-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I probably take 40 each month and them delete the ones I do not want. I have a file for each child on the computer and put a copy of each one that the child is in within their file. The disc is given to the parent in their xmas card.

I also have one for me with all of the photo's in to use for EYFS obs and assess but I do not print any off now.

I do the seperate child files on computer too. There sooooo many in them! I delete the ones that aren't any good or just if I have loads of them doing the same thing! At the end of each month I do an upload to Bonusprint and get about 200 pics done! The parents all get around 8 pics with their newsletter, lots go in the children's individual files and some get used for my EYFS file to show how I meet various areas. And of course, my son is in tons of the pics so I get a monthly set of pics of him too!

The computer files get put on a disc at Christmas too and then get deleted!!!

mushpea
06-09-2009, 06:09 PM
:blush: :blush: :blush:

i have just uploaded and ordered the last 3 months photos from snapfish and there were 171 of them:eek:

Lady Haha
06-09-2009, 06:12 PM
:blush: :blush: :blush:

i have just uploaded and ordered the last 3 months photos from snapfish and there were 171 of them:eek:

Only 171?????:laughing: