PDA

View Full Version : eyfs question sorry it only a quickie

elainerut
05-09-2009, 05:34 PM
just took on twon new kiddies but not sure if he still fall into eyfs catogory his date of birth is 18/12/2004

please advise
thanks
:)

breezy
05-09-2009, 05:41 PM
he will until the 31st August AFTER his 5th birthday. However he should be at school so they should be doing it!

elainerut
05-09-2009, 05:49 PM
he will until the 31st August AFTER his 5th birthday. However he should be at school so they should be doing it!

but dont we still have to do it aswell i will only have him after school for two hours and possible school hols am confused:blush:

sarah707
05-09-2009, 06:39 PM
You need to show you are meeting the Eyfs with the child but it will be a watered down version.

I would go with his routine... write it up, link it to the Eyfs, put it in his file.

The time in his routine dedicated to 'free play' or 'self chosen activities' or 'group activities planned by childminder' can be the bit that you concentrate BRIEF observations on.

Then if the child does or says anything about his likes / dislikes etc you can use that for his individual planning / next steps without too much paperwork.

Make up a learning journey and put the child in charge of choosing photos, putting in comments etc.

Show how you are working with parents, try and forge links with his school and you're done! :D

Chatterbox Childcare
05-09-2009, 06:40 PM
He is only 4 so you need to carry on until 31st August 2010

elainerut
05-09-2009, 06:53 PM
thanks all had to clarify i thought i did but had conflicking advice from childminders round here

:) :) :) :)