PDA

View Full Version : another Zafira question...boot safety

Blackhorse
05-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I was wondering over the last few days how you keep stuff in the boot safe from flying round the car.
say you have the back 2 seats down to have a big boot space...if you were in an accident all the stuff would just go flying through the car which is really dangerous..
how do you secure it?
so far I only ever had cars where the boot was seperate from the main passenger bit

I guess with the back seats up you can hardly get anything intot he car anyways and if there was a pushchair in it it would probably be quite safely wedged between the door and the seats...

any ideas??

jaja
05-09-2009, 05:14 PM
hey, they lock into position, the back seats lock and the boot seats lock too... I have never had mine move once into position....

xxx

Blackhorse
05-09-2009, 05:15 PM
not the seats...
the shopping bags etc...

jaja
05-09-2009, 05:16 PM
ummm didnt read that right :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I wedge stuff behind the buggy, put into a boot bag, plus by time the double buggy in boot its wedged too so it doesnt move...

hope this helps xx

Alibali
05-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Mine has a removable, retracting shelf to use when all seats not in use, you should have one I guess.

Blackhorse
05-09-2009, 05:19 PM
ah ok...havent seen mine yet...will have a look for it.
Just want to make sure there isnt anything in the car that can turn into a missile...

cant wait to pick it up on Monday!

breezy
05-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Mine has a removable, retracting shelf to use when all seats not in use, you should have one I guess.

they all should come with that, at least mine did!!!!!!!!

LeeAnn
05-09-2009, 06:29 PM
mine has the retractable cover thingy , also the seats would be much higher than shopping bags etc so I have never had anything fly through. When my seats are down it isn't any different from any other boot I have had.

The only time I would worry is if only one seat was up and there was stuff in the other side. I would prob have my buggy run length ways so that it sheilds/fences the bags from rolling onto the passenger on boot seat. Does that make sense?

Blackhorse
05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
LeeAnn, I see what you are saying...and I dont have the car yet, so I obviously need to see myself how it will look first hand, but I am not worried about the day to day driving and things falling over etc, but for the worst case scenario should there be a crash.
and it is unfortunately sometimes the case that even a minor crash can have really bad consequences if something inside the car starts to move and hit you in the head for example....
that is why I am worried how things will be stored in the car as for previous cars I had everything was stored away in the boot without much chance of flying through the car..iyswim

mushpea
05-09-2009, 07:22 PM
when i had an astra estate i didnt have the back shelf bit but we put a dog gaurd in which stoped the stuff flying forward and also came in handy for when we got our dog!
when one seats up in the boot and one seats down i pack the stuff so that the buggy is against the up seat and the other stuff is the other side of the buggy so the buggy acts as a buffer ifyswim.
when all seats r up theres not much space in the boot so i pack what i can around the buggy then the rest goes under the kids feet.
the kids think its halirous when i am trying to fit all the stuff in:D

Adiamond
05-09-2009, 07:34 PM

I have got one with mine :) They should come as standard :clapping: x x x

jaja
05-09-2009, 07:41 PM
the zafiras boot is just like any other boot, there are always risks of things moving in any boot, depends on how you store stuff, just like in the car itself...... wait and have a look at the car when you get it and stop worrying xxx

Ripeberry
05-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I had to buy my (rollerblind parcel shelf) from E bay as it did not have one when I bought it.

ORKSIE
05-09-2009, 10:36 PM

So does mine:)

gegele
05-09-2009, 10:43 PM
So does mine:)

mine did as well. :thumbsup:

angiemog
06-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Mine has a retractable shelf too......xx

manjay
06-09-2009, 07:07 AM
I have a Galaxy which doesn't come with any kind of boot cover. I try to secure things as best as possible but you will never secure everything. I suppose even something as simple as a mobile phone (which I always have in the front) could become a dangerous missile in a crash so I don't think you can ever get away from everything being safe.

buildingblocks
06-09-2009, 05:42 PM
they all should come with that, at least mine did!!!!!!!!

Ours didn't - we bought our car 2nd hand from Dixons. Two friends had spares they didn't use but didn't fit ours as ours was a newer versions cost £125 to buy form local vauxhall dealer

rainbowmummy
11-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I bought mine during the summer, second hand (and then some) 03 reg and it doesn't have one of those retractable things. I will be investigating getting one and the boot bag option too

Also do you know if it is safe to have just one of the back seats up? It is possible to do, I currently have the buggy in the space where the other one would be but again I have worries about it moving about.