PDA

View Full Version : hey need some advice, what would you do?

jaja
05-09-2009, 04:47 PM
well, some of you have read my last thread about a lady coming over for childcare for jsut two hours, she came fantastic baby, lovely parents win win..... except the two hours really means 28 hours day time from end of october when she returns to work..... However i spoke to a lady a coupld of months ago about her newborn - mum gave birth last week... this baby is to start end of october....

Heres the problem, cute girl form last night isnt 1 until 19/11/09 and baby is only just been born.... i would overlap by 3 weeks from both start dates...

Do i try to get a variation? if so whats the best way of def getting on???

Speak to new mum about extending her maternity as baby was a week late anyway???

Explain to lady last night that i carnt look after her till baby turns 1???

any ideas, its only 10 days that i need to cover, but really want both babies....

what would you do?? any help please xxxxxxxxxxx

mummyroysof3
05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
i would see if they can delay the start date till child is 1, from what ive read a variation might not be granted as they are both new starters

hopefully wouldnt be too much of a problem:thumbsup:

charlotte x

Gherkin
05-09-2009, 05:36 PM
I would apply for the variation and include the date that their ages would clash and explain what resources you have that will help you cope with two under 1.

Trouble
05-09-2009, 05:39 PM
i would ask for variation and take it from there:thumbsup:

helenlc
05-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Ask for a variation and explain to the almost 1 yr old's parents that you might not be able to have him until he turns one.

If Mum has a fixed date that cannot be moved, maybe she could ask a family member to help out until you are able to have him.

breezy
05-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Ask for a variation and explain to the almost 1 yr old's parents that you might not be able to have him until he turns one.

If Mum has a fixed date that cannot be moved, maybe she could ask a family member to help out until you are able to have him.

good advice :)

flora
06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Ak ofsted and just wait for the reply.

I applied for a variation when Hannah was small and another lo wanted care. I was granted it and got an answer very quickly. :thumbsup:

I have a copy of the letter if you want it??? Let me know.

I think they are looking for the fact that all children will be capably looked after and that care will in no way be compromised.

I would emphasise the fact of the short timescale and hope they are feeling kind :D

jaja
06-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Ak ofsted and just wait for the reply.

I applied for a variation when Hannah was small and another lo wanted care. I was granted it and got an answer very quickly. :thumbsup:

I have a copy of the letter if you want it??? Let me know.

I think they are looking for the fact that all children will be capably looked after and that care will in no way be compromised.

I would emphasise the fact of the short timescale and hope they are feeling kind :D

Oooo please, it would really help.... I am going to ring babies mum on monday and find out if she def wants me and what date she is going back to work, then take it from there, the lady that came round on friday is going let work now the date she is returning as soon as she has signed and find out for def what days it will be. but its a waiting game and am impateint(sp?) lol lol lol

youarewhatyoueat
06-09-2009, 01:34 PM
You should get a variation no problem, I had one when I took on 2 9 month olds, they just rung me to ask if I had 2 high chairs, car seats etc and where would they be sleeping.It was granted in a week.The good thing once the variation is granted and on my certificate I now have it in place if I want another 2 babies together.

mushpea
06-09-2009, 02:09 PM
You should get a variation no problem, I had one when I took on 2 9 month olds, they just rung me to ask if I had 2 high chairs, car seats etc and where would they be sleeping.It was granted in a week.The good thing once the variation is granted and on my certificate I now have it in place if I want another 2 babies together.

was you told this? i only ask because i was granted a variation for 4 under 5's but was told it was only for that child and when he left i would need to apply agian if i was going to have 4 under 5's again, his name wasnt on the certificate but was on ofsteds notes so it might be worth checking out.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I would speak to Ofsted and ask for the variation

TheBTeam
06-09-2009, 08:06 PM
was you told this? i only ask because i was granted a variation for 4 under 5's but was told it was only for that child and when he left i would need to apply agian if i was going to have 4 under 5's again, his name wasnt on the certificate but was on ofsteds notes so it might be worth checking out.

Same here, I was told that all variations are child specific even though name not show on cert, variations were never granted as blanket license to take on that number whenever. They usually apply for the requested period or if not known period till the child turns 5 (or 8) or leaves your care.

Louise_Oaktree
08-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Same here, I was told that all variations are child specific even though name not show on cert, variations were never granted as blanket license to take on that number whenever. They usually apply for the requested period or if not known period till the child turns 5 (or 8) or leaves your care.

Variation for 2 under 1's is blanket variation and can apparently be granted even from registration but it still means you cannot have more than 3 under 5's ;) there are no time limitations on this it is a permanent variation

Variation for 4 under 5's is different and child specific :)

HTH