PDA

View Full Version : Double buggy & single or buggy board

bibi571
05-09-2009, 04:27 PM
We're getting a new VW Sharan next week and i've got a double buggy from a fellow forum member but was wondering in any other members have a VW Sharan and have a double buggy that fits and is good for minding? Would also like to possible fit a buggy board onto it - anyone else managed to do such a thing? Or was thinking if not to just have a single buggy between the middle row for the bigger kids to push at the park if need be.

Barbara :littleangel:

helenlc
05-09-2009, 05:49 PM
I have a Ford Galaxy which is basically the same as a Sharan.

I had a Maclaren Twin Techno (side by side umbrella fold) but it didnt fit in the boot space with the back seats up.

I got a Phil and Teds last week (where you can add the extra seat on to make a double) and it fits in the boot with the back seats up.

I would recommend looking for one of these. Its perfect as it can be a single pushchair and then easily a double. The second seat is so easy to get on and off. I love mine and have only had it a week!!

Mummits
06-09-2009, 11:34 AM
I have a Kia Sedona and two double buggies. Like most 7 seaters the boot space is very small with all the seats in. My umbrella fold double will still go in the back. My side by side one which folds flat wont go in the boot, but does fit behind the front seats in the feet space, which is okay if you only have babies and toddles in the middle seats, or behind the second row of seats, agian okay if you only have little ones in the very back.

wellybelly
06-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I have a Ford Galaxy which is basically the same as a Sharan.

I had a Maclaren Twin Techno (side by side umbrella fold) but it didnt fit in the boot space with the back seats up.

I got a Phil and Teds last week (where you can add the extra seat on to make a double) and it fits in the boot with the back seats up.

I would recommend looking for one of these. Its perfect as it can be a single pushchair and then easily a double. The second seat is so easy to get on and off. I love mine and have only had it a week!!

Where did you buy yours from Helen? Im wanting to get one.

lovemyprams
06-09-2009, 11:45 AM
I have an Espace and with all 7 seats of I cannot fit either of my 2 double prams in! One of my 'parents' have given me 2 umbrella fold prams and connectors to make a double pram when out an about to use. It is not as good as my other doubles to use but is better than nothing and at least I can get out and about in the school holidays.

Have tried the Phil & Teds in Mothercare and liked the idea - but, when they first came out they were just too expensive and with me already having 2 doubles I couldnt justify buying another!!

bibi571
07-09-2009, 12:24 AM
When we get it delivered im going to try a P&T and will have to save up for one me thinks! I'll need to find out which model fit though. They do look good!

Barbara :littleangel:

gailee
07-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Theres a cheaper vision the o baby XI twin looks similar to the T& P just a little cheaper?? i'm thinking of getting one someday?

helenlc
07-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Where did you buy yours from Helen? Im wanting to get one.

I got my P & T off my local netmums site. Its so fab, I love it!!