PDA

View Full Version : What would you have said/done???

flora
05-09-2009, 04:20 PM
My seven year old mindee stood and weed all over my conservatory floor :panic:

She was getting her stuff together to go home, mum was waiting out the front in the car.

She called me and said " I have a problem"

" ok I 'm coming"

" oh, A ! What happenend here?"

" I was just going to go to the toilet but it was too late"

Thing is she obviously hadn't made any effort to stop herself.

There was a small lake and from the way she was standing she had moved to allow herserlf to go more easily. sorry tmi :blush:

I just cleared her up and got her to change into ds's trackies.

Not alot I can do/ say just abit taken aback that she ddin't seem at all bothered/ embarassed or anything really.

Then to add insult to injury, she put her soaking wet trousers on the freezer with the clean washing when I asked her specifically to pu them on the floor by the blue towel in front of the washing machine. She had to walk past the blue towel to get to where se left them !!!:eek:

LittleMissSparkles
05-09-2009, 04:48 PM
mmmmmm not sure to be honest babe, looks like she was being lazy though, did you speak to her mum ? x

jaja
05-09-2009, 04:50 PM
oh bless you.....

Has she done it before? what did mum say? does she have an infection? i know when some kids have infections they tend to have no control....

Your conservative (sp?) isnt far from the loo!!!

i would talk to mum and she what she says xxxx

sarah707
05-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I think you did the right thing for the first time... but if it happens again it needs tackling with parents.

An appointment with the continence nurse should be the first port of call after seeing the doc and making sure there isn't an infection.

Hth :D

Pipsqueak
05-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Does the child have a bladder control problem? Or was it perhaps fit to bursting or can't be bothered to go to the loo.

i think I would have got her to help clear the mess up.

Did you mention to mum - what did she say

Adiamond
06-09-2009, 07:23 AM
My 7 year old son used to do this!!!! When he had an accident I would ask him why he didn't go to the toilet his reply was "I didn't get there in time".
I know that if he is totally engrosed (sp) in what he is doing he waits until the very last minute to go to the loo and sometimes never quite got there.
We put up with it for a while but then I thought this is wrong he is just being lazy so I toughened up with him and said that it isn't nice to "just wee" and there is not reason for him not to get to the toilet and I gave him a consequence if he did it again!!!! He only ever wees down the toilet since that day :clapping: :clapping: x x x

FizzysFriends
06-09-2009, 07:31 AM
I have a mindee that wees for various reasons, the first being she wanted to wear DD's clothes the other being she didn't get own way. Last time she did it she cleaned herself up and I took her straight home (we were out at the time and I had already arranged with mom to drop her home as we were out past pick up time, but mindee didn't know that, she thought she was being taken home because she wee'd cos I wouldn't buy an ice cream).

She hasn't done it since.

LittleAcorns
06-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Thinking back, one of my mindees did that, he must have been 7 at the time, his mum had just come in to collect him, he was laying on my leather sofa with a blanket over him, when his mum asked him to stand up he said "I cant Ive wee'd" he started crying though because he knew he'd done wrong, the reason was he couldnt be bothered to go! and left it too late.

My daughter ,when she was walking home with me after school said she needed to go but we werent too far from home, then she started really crying, shed started to wet herself (she was 6 at the time) and was absolutely mortified! she sad sorry about 100 times.

I suppose what Im saying is in these 2 cases the kids were upset by what theyd done whether it be laziness or accident.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Water infections cause lack of bladder control...