PDA

View Full Version : just turned down a full-timer?

newandlearning
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
One of my neighbours just popped around to see if I could help him out with looking after his to be 10 month old in Jan. he wants care from 8.30 to 5.30 every day... I told him that I had just signed up for respite care for 2 days a week from Jan. so could only really help for 2-3 days..

this is mainly because I'm already minding one LO full-time 8.15 - 5.15, plus the sibling, plus my own two LOs, 2 and 4 years old... and just don't know if I want to tie of another full-timer.

that would mean my school run every morn would include.. a 10mthold, a 2yo, a 3 yo and a 4yo...

I find it soo odd I keep attracting full-time mindees.... does that seem mad to turn down full-timers?? do you think looking after 2 fulltimers plus 2 LOs of your own is too much?? would you say yes or no? just curious//;)

helenlc
05-09-2009, 03:05 PM
I think if you were to look at the money, some would say you are mad to turn it down. But then you can make the same money from having part timers over the week too. You also have to remember that if a full timer leaves, that is a lot of money lost. However, if you have part timers and one leaves, you still have some other income.

I have recently finished with a full timer and now have 2 part timers. I prefer the part timers as it makes the week a bit more interesting rather than just having the same child all week. I think you can also plan different outings/activities etc based on the different children that will be attending.

I think you also have to do as you have and weigh up who will be present and how easy it will be to do school runs, activities, outings etc.

newandlearning
07-09-2009, 06:42 PM
thanks Helenic for reply.. am still umming and arring whether to do this or not.. all the other children play together and can communicate etc.. I think if this lil one was nearing 18months in Jan rather than 10 months I'd feel a lot happier with taking him on full time.. hmm:rolleyes: