PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Zafira car seat help?

angiemog
05-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can put baby seats on the 2 seats at the back or do they have to be on the 2 main door sides in the middle? I may be needing a 3rd and not sure if it can go in the back?
Thank you! xx

Twinkles
05-09-2009, 10:40 AM
I put fixed ( ie by the seatbelt ) baby seats in the back as it's easier to move the booster type seats around in the middle.

sdean
05-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I have just changed my zafira for a Grande Espace - but I always had the baby seats in the back as you can then pull the "front" seats forward to get to them but if the baby seats are fixed in the front seats you cants pull the seat forward to get to the back without undoing it all! It worked fine for me :)

Daftbat
05-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I have just changed my zafira for a Grande Espace - but I always had the baby seats in the back as you can then pull the "front" seats forward to get to them but if the baby seats are fixed in the front seats you cants pull the seat forward to get to the back without undoing it all! It worked fine for me :)

ditto here!

ORKSIE
05-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I always had the baby seats in the back as you can then pull the "front" seats forward to get to them but if the baby seats are fixed in the front seats you cants pull the seat forward to get to the back without undoing it all! It worked fine for me :)

This is exactly what I do:thumbsup:

angiemog
05-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Thank you! I realised the other day that I couldn't move the seat forward... problem solved. Littlies now in the back....... only prob my little 4 year old mindee loves to sit in the back :panic:

LeanneC
16-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi

Just starting to have this problem now... I drive a Zafira life (rubbish model) 06 reg,

My own dd (2yrs) a mindee E 8 1/2 months, J 3yrs and J 5yrs.

I dont really want to put my own dd in the very back of the car as i want her to be close to me. I can't see how I could possibly put an 8 month old that far away either. My only option is to have 2 fixed seats in the middle and the 3 &5 yr old in the back. the only problem they will have to climb in the boot end as all mindees are full time/every day. So wont have seats out of car much, is that truly wrong of me? :panic:
What car seats do you use? I have britax for dd another britax for new mindee 8 mths, Graco high back booster for 3 yr and normal booster seat for 5yr old. Ive read on here the nania is one people use. Does this fit in the Zafiras ok alongside 2 fitted seats and could i use it for the 8 month old? then I could fit 3 in middle and one in back. The 5yr old who would be in the back would only really need it in the hols and if we go anywhere after school really so not that much of an issue with him.
Sorry for waffling... im just about to start quizzing dh about it too :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
16-09-2009, 09:04 PM
This is exactly what I do:thumbsup:

Me too, have to admit that is the one thing I hate about this car - the middle seats not moving when car seats are strapped in!!!!!!:angry: Wish I had realised that before buying it!!!!!!!!!!!