PDA

View Full Version : Network minders level 3 or out !!

wendywu
04-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Talking to a friend of mine in the playground today who is a surrey network minder, so is her sister and mum. She said they now have to be level 3 to be kept on the network.:eek:

Most of my friends who are on it are not level 3 and have no desire to be so. It is hard enough keeping up with the network paperwork as well as the EYFS.

So there will soon be room to join the Surrey network minders if any one is interested and is doing their level 3 :laughing:

Are any other network areas bringing this rule in earlier than the goverment requires.

ORKSIE
05-09-2009, 06:55 AM
I did level 3 because I wanted to.
Our Network has not said we have to do it to stay a Network CM.....Yet:)

nikim
05-09-2009, 07:01 AM
ours is the same, but only have to have a satisfactory grade which i find a bit odd.

manjay
05-09-2009, 07:17 AM
You have to have it or be very nearly finished to join ours in the first place. I assumed they were all the same

sarah707
05-09-2009, 07:19 AM
they haven't introduced it here yet!

But then there's only 3 of us on the network :laughing:

westbrom44
05-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi, I had to take the NVQ 3 and NCMA Quality First to join the Network and have good or outstanding grading from Ofsted. I actually thought all Network members had to have the same.

wendywu
05-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Ahhhh so all areas are different then, that does not seem fair.

They kept asking me to join but it seemed to me just like having an Ofsted inspection every 6 weeks :eek:

ORKSIE
05-09-2009, 07:48 AM

They kept asking me to join but it seemed to me just like having an Ofsted inspection every 6 weeks :eek:

Mine is nothing like an Inspection, more like a friendly chat, see if there is any help I need, any worries re my Mindees, that sort of thing. Usually done over a cuppa and a bikki:)
Very informal and relaxed:thumbsup:

manjay
05-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Mine is not like an Inspection (but then I suppose my real inspection wasn't like and inspection:rolleyes: ) but it is quite in depth. Ours is a CCF community network so we provide care for families in need. So for that reason I can understand why we have to be pretty closely monitored. From what I have read on here I don't think all networks run the same!

singlewiththree
05-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Im in the process of joining our network and it is very indepth. We have to have level 3 but as I'm doing my OU course its classed as above that so I'm ok. We also have to attend so many meetings and do 16 hours of training every year (again my OU course covers me for that one). Its the meetings I struggle with as I am on my own babysitters are a problem.

FussyElmo
05-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Unless its changed around here we dont need the nvq well I didnt have it when i joined!!!

Our network is informal well seems to like it to me but our co ordinator is always changing. We have to do so much training too but Im terrible at sending the forms back in :blush:

Must check when the next meeting is!!!

sweets
05-09-2009, 08:05 AM
iam level 3(NNEB) and recently joined a network but theres not really anynore paperwork to do, ive had a couple of visits from DO but they have just been a chat and a cuppa really.

I suppoes in a way its good really to have to have level 3 as its a good incentive for CM to do it and there has got to be advantage for having done it. it think you should have to have it for a network or have lots of exp as a CM or maybe an outstanding grade.

buildingblocks
05-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I thought to be on a network you had to be level three or working towards it or is that only to deliver education side of it.

Pipsqueak
05-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi, I had to take the NVQ 3 and NCMA Quality First to join the Network and have good or outstanding grading from Ofsted. I actually thought all Network members had to have the same.

Ditto with ours - it uses the CCF criteria as a basis (even though we are not a CCF approved network - yet).

Mollymop
05-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I asked how to become and network childminder a few months back and my DO said they weren't looking into taking anymore on at the moment, but will let me know when they are.

I asked because I would like to be a BUDDY and she said I had to be in the network to become one.

She also said my paperwork was better than most of the network childminders in our area - I am just doing the EYFS - so why are the network childminders not doing as much as me????

I don't get any grants but network childminders in our area can get thousands to do there gardens and sensory areas, etc.

Makes me cross that I do more than some in our area but I don't get to on the network.

I would like to do the level 3, but I don't have much time after all the paperwork and running the household, working 12 hours a day

Trouble
05-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I asked how to become and network childminder a few months back and my DO said they weren't looking into taking anymore on at the moment, but will let me know when they are.

I asked because I would like to be a BUDDY and she said I had to be in the network to become one.

She also said my paperwork was better than most of the network childminders in our area - I am just doing the EYFS - so why are the network childminders not doing as much as me????

I don't get any grants but network childminders in our area can get thousands to do there gardens and sensory areas, etc.

Makes me cross that I do more than some in our area but I don't get to on the network.

I would like to do the level 3, but I don't have much time after all the paperwork and running the household, working 12 hours a day

theres a baby boom going on where you live:D :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Mollymop
05-09-2009, 05:15 PM
theres a baby boom going on where you live:D :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I know! haha!! :clapping:

Trouble
05-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I know! haha!! :clapping:

you can be my buddy:D :D

i have my network paperwork to do do you want to do it for me???? then you can be one here:D

Gherkin
05-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Do you know I have no idea if you need level 3 on my local network but because I have a masters in another field the co-ordinator is always telling me I'm level 4 anyway so I assume level 3 does not aaply to me.

wendywu
05-09-2009, 06:01 PM
This is really an eye opener, i had just assumed that all areas ran the same.

But it really does differ rather a lot up and down the country.:eek:

I know at least 8 minders in my small area who will be coming off the network if this rule comes in. My friend said they are having a meeting about it next week. So i will be interested to know the outcome.

Trouble
05-09-2009, 06:03 PM
i think its a rule here

Chatterbox Childcare
05-09-2009, 07:22 PM
To take the government vouchers there is certain criteria and our Network requires the level 3 or for you to be working towards it.

Not all are the same so check each area out that you are registered in.

hello kitty
05-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Yep, had to be level 3 here too to join the network. :)

Kelly
05-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I know it is different in each area, but my CDO where I used to live in was on her DHC, I am a DHC tutor so it seemed to defeat the object a bit as it almost felt like I gave her more advice than she could give me! :panic:

The Juggler
06-09-2009, 07:54 AM

I don't understand how they can limit the numbers of childminders on a network if they are not reassessing the criteria. If you are doing more than some of the members then how can they justify keepign them in and refusing you a place and access to those grants etc. How unprofessional of your DW to have told you that as well!!

Chatterbox Childcare
06-09-2009, 07:56 AM

No the Ofsted inspection will still be the same but you should have a network monitoring inspection every 6-8 weeks

Chatterbox Childcare
06-09-2009, 07:57 AM
I know it is different in each area, but my CDO where I used to live in was on her DHC, I am a DHC tutor so it seemed to defeat the object a bit as it almost felt like I gave her more advice than she could give me! :panic:

A CDO is not a network member. My network co-ordinator is highly trainined and has the CDO's reporting to her.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-09-2009, 07:59 AM
I don't understand how they can limit the numbers of childminders on a network if they are not reassessing the criteria. If you are doing more than some of the members then how can they justify keepign them in and refusing you a place and access to those grants etc. How unprofessional of your DW to have told you that as well!!

Networks are finance with grants, usually by the local Early Years in the Council and therefore only have so much money to run the network. They have to have the man power to monitor all the people they have on the network.

Our council changed things this year and everyone had the opportunity to go on the network and we got paid for it depending on what level we are at.

Speak to your local council and ask them what is going on and what they are doing to provide funds for new childminders wanting to go on to the networks.