PDA

View Full Version : Me again! Babysitting service?

Vyx
04-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Hiya folks

I am thinking of offering a local babysitting service while I am applying to be a childminder. I saw it as a suggestion on here to a lady who was struggling to find mindees.

I hope it will 'get me known' in the area, provide with childminding experience (remember I have no children of my own) and, hopefully, get me some extra pennies!

My head is a little frazzelled, what with a fairly hellish week at work (reinforcing my desire to become registered) and all of my childminding research, so i'm hoping someone can clarify something for me.

Am I remembering correctly that you can care for a child in it's own home without having to be registered?

What do you think? Good idea/bad idea? Answers on a postcard please............................................ ...:laughing:

margimum
05-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I think a few from the forum also offer babysitting too.
You can care for a child in it's own home without being registered.:)

Allie
05-09-2009, 03:22 PM
No need to be registered to look after a child in there own home, that's what nannies and baby sitters do

Allie

mrsbish01
09-09-2009, 02:21 PM
What about looking after a child who will be a 'mindee' when registrations complete. Its not me but a fellow applicant has a mindee lined up and is currently 'babysitting' - not in the childs home?
Just wondered as I thought you could only do this for family - or is that only if you get paid???

sarah707
09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
If you babysit when you are a childminder, you must do it with the authorisation of your insurance company (both MM and Ncma).

There is also a risk assessment of the parents' house and you have to confirm you have pointed out hazards to them.

Yet my 15 year old can go to anyone's house and look after a baby and older children with no insurance, no risk assessment, no first aid course... and earn more than me per hour :rolleyes:

Hey ho we battle on! :D

FizzysFriends
09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
If you babysit when you are a childminder, you must do it with the authorisation of your insurance company (both MM and Ncma).

There is also a risk assessment of the parents' house and you have to confirm you have pointed out hazards to them.

Yet my 15 year old can go to anyone's house and look after a baby and older children with no insurance, no risk assessment, no first aid course... and earn more than me per hour :rolleyes:

Hey ho we battle on! :D

I dont babysit as a childminder so its nothing to do with my insurance company and I don't do any paperwork for it. I know im not insured but parents know that, same as if they were hiring most babysitters.