PDA

View Full Version : WHoooo (i think)

Pipsqueak
04-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Signed a new family today - 3 children - 2 to take to school and 1 for 5 hours a day 4 days a week.:clapping: start on Tuesday. Age 2yrs, 6yrs and 7 yrs.

Now i say I think because the children are wild! By mums admittance they don't listen to her (saw that with my own eyes), they have no rules or boundaries (saw that). The bit that concerned me a fair bit and that I did discuss quite heavily with mum was: (conversation when like this):

mum - 'do you have any other children at the moment?'
me - 'yes I have a 3yr old girl'
'oh - C (age 2), might scratch her eyes out, she doesn't seem to get on well with other girls' (nervous giggle from mum).
I must have registered surprise at this point and said that I would not tolerate that at all - the 6yr old girl L piped up ' C is a biter isn't she mum - you smack her for that, so (looking at me) you can smack her to - we smack her when C is horrid or nasty to us'.

this is the point where I firmly told mum that any discipline issues MUST be left to me, I cannot and willnot smack a child but I will not tolerate any child hurting another and I launched into that we must work together to curb unwanted behaviour etc etc. I have also strongly stressed that the 4-8 week settling in period will be to see if we are all going to gel together and that rules and regs will be accepted by the children but I said I would terminate the contract with immediate effect if children are deliberately hurt.

During this time, C and L are trashing the playroom, C decided to try to empty my freezer (gates are going back up round the house) - before they left I tried to encourage the children to tidy up and mum was rather ineffective in doing so, I managed to get them to do a little bit though.

I think I have my work cut out for me but if we can get past these discipline issues then this will fit in just perfect with my hours etc.

we are going to sign full contracts and deposit etc on Monday - for a start on Tuesday.

Wish me luck - think I might be needed it lol

FussyElmo
04-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Good luck - sounds like you may need it!!! However discipline issues can be resolved and if they fit in it will be a good move:)

Hebs
04-09-2009, 07:09 PM
ah but your fab, and will whip them into shape :thumbsup:

sweets
04-09-2009, 07:18 PM
give them a few days and they will putty in your hands! :laughing:

mummyroysof3
04-09-2009, 07:24 PM
fancy sorting my 2 out while you at it?:laughing:

charlotte x

Rubybubbles
04-09-2009, 07:26 PM
OMG you nutter lol

good luck, sounds like you'll need it;)

zillervalley
04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
dont worry i am sure you will sort them out, i think kiddies work there mums up, my mindees are different kids when mums turn up

best of luck

ziller

Pipsqueak
04-09-2009, 07:33 PM
lol - remind me of your confidence in me when I am back on here begging for advice and in a heap on the floor lol.

You are right Elmo - discipline issues can be resolved... I am planning.

went down to see Iz (mindee) tonight and to review contract with mum ahead of restart next week (and to have a nose at her new house lol) and I got the most wonderful huggy of Iz (sorry i have to put Iz for her name or it just looks like I am talking about myself when I say 'I' for her name lol). And instead of doing contracts for the first 45 minutes i played with her lol.
Aaahh I have missed her.
I have heard from E (the one who left) mum who says he is doing just great.

CherryBlossom
04-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Hope they are as good as gold for you lol...you never know some children just play up for the parents.
they might be little angels :rolleyes:

her8y
04-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I bet they soon see things your way! Surprising what a few boundaries do. Let us know how you get on.

nannymcflea
04-09-2009, 08:22 PM
You sound like you are ready for whatever they throw at you...hopefully not literally....I'm sure when boundaries are in place they will settle and you'll have a lovely set of kids.

Keep us posted as to what works, am always needing tips!

TheBTeam
04-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Really good luck, i am sure when it is just them and you it won't be so bad!:panic: :laughing:

Twinkles
04-09-2009, 08:28 PM
You'll soon sort 'em Pip. Just remember to stock up on gaffa tape over the weekend :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
04-09-2009, 08:36 PM
You'll soon sort 'em Pip. Just remember to stock up on gaffa tape over the weekend :thumbsup:

lol:laughing: am going to deplete Wilkos stock tomorrow

Pipsqueak
04-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Really good luck, i am sure when it is just them and you it won't be so bad!:panic: :laughing:

positive thinking - I like it:thumbsup: