PDA

View Full Version : Ourdoor Play

Bitsy Beans
04-09-2009, 05:34 PM
So mindee LOVES being in the garden (as does my DS so they are well suited!). I've got a Little Tikes play house, pop up tent and tunnels, sand pit, bowls for water play, slide, small trampoline, variety of trikes/scooter.

Outside we use chalks on the patio, paint on the garden table and I have a couple of hula hoops (which I am useless at ;)).

when the weather is a bit too windy for craft activities what do you guys get up to in the garden?
I want to make some bean bags for some throwing games but can't think of any other outdoor activities (my skittles set isn't heavy enough in windy weather like today!!). Mindee doesn't seem too fussed about taking indoor toys outside so just wondered if there was anything else we could do out there (she's not yet 3 in case you were wondering). At this rate we'll be out all day, even in the harshest of winter weather and I don't want her getting bored!

miss mopple
04-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Bubbles are great for a windy day. I also tie fabric scarves/ chiffon panels to the washing line- the babies love crawling through them.

Beanbag games

Painting with water

take indoor toys out

tuff spot with various stuff in it to explore

venus89
04-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Tuffspot! Fill it with soil and diggers and they can play builders, small stones and dinosaurs and you have a prehistoric world, with sand and water, a few toy fish and you have the seaside.......

Bitsy Beans
04-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Being really dense here but what's a Tuffspot??? :o

venus89
04-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Basically a builders tray

http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/gallery/gal221-225/gal223.html

miss mopple
04-09-2009, 06:13 PM
They are about £15 from homebase and worth every penny. The possibilities are endless :thumbsup:

venus89
04-09-2009, 06:23 PM
And anybody would think we all had shares in the company that make them :laughing:

The Juggler
04-09-2009, 06:53 PM
how about a veggie patch and a patch just for digging for worms etc. Lots of spare pots (mine get filled with mud and sand and water and mixed up for hours on end).

A hosepipe and watering cans too.

I've got some outdoor digger/cars/trucks that can be filled with sand then transported too.

Little flowers to be looked after?

mushpea
04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
how about making some kites from plastic bags and string, tie string in each corner then tie all four bits toghether in the middle with a long string attatch to that and they can run around with them, hang some cd's on strings from posts etc to blow about in the wind,
tear some strips of crete or tissue paper up hold them up in the wind then let go and see whos gos the futherst, with older children you could use different materials and see which works best.
bubbles

Bitsy Beans
04-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I have a veggie patch and toy watering cans (if only I wasn't on a water meter and had a bottomless water butt!!!!) so next spring I was going to get the kids to plant some seeds - bit late now although I do have some peas I can sow in October/November.

Will have a look at those trays - my DS will be in seventh heaven!!
Thanks for all the suggestions :thumbsup: